LAS VEGAS DAVE

Turbocharged
Ride
V8 CHOPPER, BOSS HOSS, 2015 ROCKET 3 TOURING
We just finished a three week 3300 mile seven state ride. The Rocket never missed a beat. Averaged 36 mile per gallon at a true 80 mph on the freeways. McCruise work perfectly. Rode between 300 and 500 miles per day when we weren't visiting. Triumph touring seat with backrest was always comfortable for my wife and I. Rode two 8 hour nights and the stock lights were fine. Handled beautifully in the twisties on the many two lane roads we were on. Used no oil. I have many bikes but this is truly a great touring bike. I am 76 and my wife is 51 and this bike is perfect for us.
DAVE AN GINA ON BIKE.jpg

Love it Dave, especially the part about being 76 and having just completed a 3300 mile ride. I just turned 70 this month and have been wondering how many more years I have to ride.

Great pic.

I rode a brand new Goldwing while I was on this trip. My friend just got it a few days before we arrived. It was pretty nice but it only had pegs and no floorboards. There was no way to add other pegs as there were no crashers. The pegs could not be replaced with floorboards due to mechanical linkage being in the way. The bike was super smooth but for touring you need to change leg positions now and then. It had the automatic 6 speed which worked nicely and the bike looked good. It did not have the power of the Rocket. It costs two and a half times the Rocket. Would I trade straight across if I was not allowed to sell it, NO. The poor Rocket never got marketed right and now its not made anymore, what a waste. I met a guy on a brand new BMW 1800 with all the bells and whistles. His bike developed a computer problem and went into LIMP MODE. He finally got to a dealer and they took two days to fix it. His bike costs 3 times a Rocket and was ugly. He liked it until I told him how much the Rocket cost, he had never looked at one. I was so impressed on this trip with the Rocket and high speed touring with no mechanical problems or leaks or anything but just mechanical joy. I put it away in the shed once again until we go on another long ride. I will use the Boss Hoss after the weather gets a little cooler on our next cruise as I like to ride the different bikes, each has its benefits.

Well Dave I have another 1/3 of my life to catch up with your age and the amount I have just spent on my Rocket it better last that long too.

Your last post about the Boss Hoss made me :D grin that's one mother of a bike to be cruising around on at any age! Enjoy your next cruise.

Well Dave I have another 1/3 of my life to catch up with your age and the amount I have just spent on my Rocket it better last that long too.

Your last post about the Boss Hoss made me :D grin that's one mother of a bike to be cruising around on at any age! Enjoy your next cruise.

The important thing is that you keep riding and having fun for as many years as possible. Riding a motorcycle REGULARLY keeps your brain and your reactions sharp as you age a lot longer than if you watch TV. I am the oldest member of a club that has a ride every month, we rarely miss it and we have many laughs and lots of fun besides the ride. The Rocket you have may or may not last forever but in any case keep riding something as long as you can. I been riding 60 years and never expected to even live this long but the motorcycles have been like medicine keeping me happy thru out the years, its real hard to have a bad day riding.

My Dad is 73 and just in the last month and a half purchased his 3rd and 4th Goldwings. Not like 3rd and 4th ever, but 3rd and 4th at the same time! He will be selling two or three off, he says, but its hard to say. Fairly certain the GL1800 will be going. So if anyone is looking and near Grand Forks, ND........

Back