ZoneIII

Supercharged
Ride
2015 Triumph Rocket III Touring
Sorry if this is old news but a quick search here found nothing about this except old reports that the Touring was being discontinued that turned out to be false.

I became suspicious that the R3T might be discontinued when I noticed that it isn't shown on some Triumph websites anymore. But I recently bought the new book, Triump: The Art of the Motorcycle by Nick Bloor and he writes that the R3T has been discontinued as of 2017. Being the CEO, he should know. The note of it's end of production is on page 155 in the caption for the picture of the R3T.

Bought the book via Kindle ($16.99). Looks like an interesting read. Boy, Nick Bloor looks like a young whippersnapper!

Bought the book via Kindle ($16.99). Looks like an interesting read. Boy, Nick Bloor looks like a young whippersnapper!

Actually, I'm disappointed in the book and it's clear that many others are too if you read the reviews on Amazon. Other than the very brief history of the company, the rest of the book is like a collection of sales brochures. There are much better books about Triumph Motorcycles.

Apparently from the lack of responses about the subject of this thread, other's must already know about the R3T being discontinued and I'm the last to get the news. That shows you how much I keep up on things! :)

Last edited:
When they updated the website for MY18 Rockets and didn't include the T, we knew it was done.

They are now CLASSIC MOTORS!!!
Sad, because this model could have been so much more!
I would like to know why Triumph is afraid to compete the Honda Goldwing and BMW K1600GTL??? :mad: :p :thumbsdown:

I would like to know that also, even though the main reason I bought the R3T after looking at the Honda and BMW was because it was less bells and whistles and more motorcycle. I am sure some of the electronic wizardry on those two model do something for some people for me they did nothing and the Triumph called my name because it was more like the motorcycles I have ridden my entire life, you know motorcycle. Hell, those two bikes had more do-dads on them than my car and truck do. They kind of lost me there.

bob

A new realization of the Rocket 3 is on the drawing board. Rumour abounds but Triumph is among the best in the business at keeping secrets. 2.5l? 3.0L? Gangly like a Ducati? Who knows. With smaller engines being the big draw....I wonder if anything is in the pipeline at all.

A new realization of the Rocket 3 is on the drawing board. Rumour abounds but Triumph is among the best in the business at keeping secrets. 2.5l? 3.0L? Gangly like a Ducati? Who knows. With smaller engines being the big draw....I wonder if anything is in the pipeline at all.

Oh well....I guess I’ll just have to get another one...

I would like to know that also, even though the main reason I bought the R3T after looking at the Honda and BMW was because it was less bells and whistles and more motorcycle. I am sure some of the electronic wizardry on those two model do something for some people for me they did nothing and the Triumph called my name because it was more like the motorcycles I have ridden my entire life, you know motorcycle. Hell, those two bikes had more do-dads on them than my car and truck do. They kind of lost me there.
bob

I completely agree with you, Bob!
I'm not even in the touring market . . . yet, but this bike would/could have been a terrific platform for a NO-BS motorcycle!
Life has become way too PC. Millennials are only interested in free lunch, comfort, tech & gadgetry. No adventure spirit!

Triumph has the engine platform to compete with the big boys--Honda-BMW . But when it comes down to fitting the bike out they are out of their league, plus Honda and BMW have such a strangle hold on the big touring bikes MrBloor probably realizes it would be a waste of money, in the 60&70s no one was better than Triumph about wasting money.

Back