When someone writes "law", I expect there to be a code citation available somewhere.

This has been the case during the last ten years in Virginia where open carry is legal, not because it is law, but because there is no law against it, and over a roughly ten year period, there were enough cases of police telling folks "You can't do that", and folks responding back, "Show me", open carry has pretty much become the norm here.

It's always good to have the legal ref when citing "law" but mostly in the last 40 years federal regulations have the force of law which throws a monkey wrench into the discussion.

I first heard of the 10 year parts support requirement in Hawaii in 1999 when I purchase a 1988 Electra Glide from the lying/dishonest owner of an auto dealership, a real mover and shaker in Honolulu. I still hate the guy but that's another story.

I checked with the Kaneohe Harley dealership who assured me they were "required" to carry parts for 10 years. That was told to me buy two other dealerships over the years so I assumed it was a FTC requirement. Not so. It is apparently a common practice for marketing reasons.

On the open carry, I was stationed at Norfolk, VA from 1988 until 1999 and we used to openly carry pistolas in a holster when riding. It somewhat discouraged the perps while riding through bad areas like Portsmouth where one is targeted by skin color. Most of the cops were pretty aware. Washington is also an open carry state.

Hasn't that been the case for the last few years anyway? I don't see any upgrades on them. I put a touring seat and backrest and a McCruise
on mine and my wife and I have used it on many trips. We got plans for more this year. We rode our Boss Hoss yesterday and we will ride the
RT3 this weekend with a bunch of others. Triumph just never marketed these things.

I agree. It would be EASY to brag its the biggest motor ever put in a standard motorcycle, most torque etc. Its as if they never wanted to sell any.

When someone writes "law", I expect there to be a code citation available somewhere.

This has been the case during the last ten years in Virginia where open carry is legal, not because it is law, but because there is no law against it, and over a roughly ten year period, there were enough cases of police telling folks "You can't do that", and folks responding back, "Show me", open carry has pretty much become the norm here.

When I worked at a snakey place I carried a snub nosed revolver with bird shot. When I would go for lunch I would pop in at the same place the local constabulary was taking their lunch...they would see me holstered up and except one occasion when one asked me if I was going hunting...I explained why I was carrying...and not another word was ever said. It just depends on wear you live....

The advertisement with the "2018" Touring model looks surprisingly like the 2015 - 2017 models. Also, the writing below the picture is a sales promotion for the cruiser model. 2 headlights, 240 rear tire etc...
Not very convincing Captains. Truly wish Triumph would get their head out of.... Great product, crappy business sense.

Back