Just a follow up on 2018 R3T. I contacted both Triumph dealers in my area. That is the Kalamazoo and Grand Rapids dealers. According to both, the only "new" R3T they can find in the States is a 2015 listed in Florida. Grand Rapids, Fox Motor Sports, told me they are getting requests for new Touring models regularly. Thier story is that Triumph never kept that model in supply. Every R3T was sold before it made the dealership.

Some dealers had to sit on Rockets a while both the Touring and the regular...but they did sell well. My local dealer has a Roadster in stock yet. And a Thunderbird...I go get the Tbird but I need a fourth bike like I need a hole in my head!

I wanted a red one when I purchased mine, and the dealer here said he got it from a dealer in New Hampshire, along with five other bikes at the time.

In reality every RT3 was not sold before it reached the dealership. I know of dealers that had them sitting for a long time.

I found this on Wikipedia. And everyone knows that if its on the internet it must be true.

Rocket III Touring[edit]

Rocket III Touring (2008)
Triumph began developing the Rocket III Touring version in February 2004 following the launch of the original model, to target the large cruiser market which represents 50% of all US motorcycle sales.[18] As well as a new design for the steel frame and swinging arm, the Touring model has more torque at lower revs – 150 ft-lb. at 2500 rpm, but less horsepower at the top end 106 hp (79 kW) @ 6,000 rpm (claimed).[2] New features include tank mounted instruments and a scrolling switch on the handlebar to set the clock and indicate fuel ranges.[19] The five-spoke design used on the Rocket III was replaced with billet aluminium slotted wheels and narrower tyres were specified to improve steering with a 180/70 x 16 rear tyre to make it easier to fit detachable panniers that come as standard, together with a removable windscreen and Kayaba rear shock absorbers. The Rocket III Touring was discontinued in 2017.

Back