RocketTFC20

RocketRaider
Ride
Rocket 3 TFC
Hi everyone! I just dropped off the Rocket TFC for the 600 miles initial service. What is the typical cost of initial service? My neighborhood dealer is asking $342.00 for the service...seems kind of steep to me. What are your thoughts on it? Thanks in advance for sharing your experience.

It is not really steep if...

1. Your goal is to support your local dealer, no worries
2. You wish to keep the warranty fully enforce

It is steep if those two things are not important to you and you can manage all scheduled maintenance your self.

You are not alone in thinking the cost is too high. We have seen many others over the years ask the same question. Dealer services are always expensive but for a reason: they must cover their cost and make a profit to stay in business.

It is your call brother

Sounds like normal dealer shop fees. The next service interval is 10’000 miles right? It’ll be alright in the long haul.

For guys who like to do their own work it’s way to high.;)

I'm a fairly decent mechanic so I do my own first service and all others afterwards. Changing oil and filter and going over the bike with a torque wrench is not difficult for me to do. Doing so gives me the confidence in my bike I need to push it to its and my limits. I save the dealer for the tough jobs I don't like to do or just don't have the special knowledge or tools to do.

Doing your own service DOES not affect the warranty one bit, keep good records along with your receipts, dealerships like scaring people into the void warranty way of thinking but they never tell you that doing your own work will NOT void the warranty.
Most first services are just an oil and filter change plus go over the bike checking nuts bolts and thingymajigs:D

Back