Hi everyone! I just dropped off the Rocket TFC for the 600 miles initial service. What is the typical cost of initial service? My neighborhood dealer is asking $342.00 for the service...seems kind of steep to me. What are your thoughts on it? Thanks in advance for sharing your experience.

I pay AUD150 just for oil twice a year so ~USD340 including a couple of hours labour filters and presumably a diagnostic check and throttlebody balance (if necessary) actually doesn't sound too unreasonable.

Hi everyone! I just dropped off the Rocket TFC for the 600 miles initial service. What is the typical cost of initial service? My neighborhood dealer is asking $342.00 for the service...seems kind of steep to me. What are your thoughts on it? Thanks in advance for sharing your experience.

also have TFC first service done just before lock down, £68, from triumph dealer where bought from, happy

IANAL, But I believe in the US, the only way they can void your warranty for not getting maintenance/service at an authorized dealer is if they do not charge extra for it. Otherwise they are forcing you to buy something additional in order to honor a warranty.

That being said, I agree with all the above comments (and I do all of my own).

This is probably a good place to bring up an issue that my Australian friend noted on his new Rocket. The front fender is off center and the dealership told him it is the same with all the one's brought into Australia. Einar asked me to post the pic he sent me to ask if other owners outside of Oz have noted this defect. My 07 Classic came with the front forks twisted just a bit which made the handlebars off. I kind of got used to it, and there were no handling issues, but my son noticed it right away after I gave it to him. The next time I'm in Maryland we'll do the fix.

I'm wondering if this is the problem with Einar's which is causing the fender to look off center.
Einar front fender.jpg

Back