hay all, ne two the forum and it would appear you lot know your stuff. I have just purchased my first rocket three and i love it! Power to burn, however I don’t think the previous owner knew as much as he thought. I feel like he’s leaned the bike right out causing issues. The beast has after market headers and one muffler, he’s also put a k and n filter in it. It is getting a lot of popping on deceleration and once hit the throttle runs on every now and then? Quite scary around corners... would this be a retune or could it be tps?

Ps the black pic with headers is before I wrapped it
Nice looking pipe shouldn't take to much sort her out.

Last edited:
Hi Cam, "Sleeves" lives just up the road from me, he's not a Business, just some one who knows his way around these Bikes control systems.

Your bike looks waaay better than that paint job that was on it ! :thumbsup:

Cameron welcome. As you have been told TuneECU the cable and a tune from Hanso should fix you right up. Make sure you message him your setup. He has been having internet issues so don't be discouraged if it takes him some time to reply.

Hey mate welcome from the Gold Coast , i'd just like to suggest before you go changing tunes or spending money on bits and pieces you test for vacuum leaks 1st. I say this because i went through the exact same drama on my bike until i eventually found the front throttle body to head rubber boot was split and leaking , to check this have the bike warm and idling , grab the throttle bodies and give them a good wiggle up and down , you can also try spraying aerostart around each boot as you do this , revs should fluctuate if the boot is sucking the aeorstart mixture in.

Also off each throttle body there is a small vacuum host that that runs to a sensor , these can perish and cause vacuum leaks , silicone hose can be bought from Supercheap auto , makes sure when replacing you cut all 3 pieces the exact same length and re route them so the dont get squished when stitching her up .

Hi from another Kiwi down on the mainland.

I have had a few issues with my Rocket this past month. With run on and leaking oil but been plugging away and should be back together tonight I hope.

TPS got out of whack got tuneECU on it and now corrected run on I hope.

hay all, ne two the forum and it would appear you lot know your stuff. I have just purchased my first rocket three and i love it! Power to burn, however I don’t think the previous owner knew as much as he thought. I feel like he’s leaned the bike right out causing issues. The beast has after market headers and one muffler, he’s also put a k and n filter in it. It is getting a lot of popping on deceleration and once hit the throttle runs on every now and then? Quite scary around corners... would this be a retune or could it be tps?

Ps the black pic with headers is before I wrapped it
Beautiful bike and love the header/exhaust setup. Any idea where we can purchase an exhaust system like it?

Hi Cam, "Sleeves" lives just up the road from me, he's not a Business, just some one who knows his way around these Bikes control systems.

Your bike looks waaay better than that paint job that was on it ! :thumbsup:

Thanks heaps I’m more of a subtle man myself so dragons weren’t really my thing. Still under there if someone ever wants it haha do you have a contact for him? I’m new to the forum and haven’t worked it out yet!

Hey mate welcome from the Gold Coast , i'd just like to suggest before you go changing tunes or spending money on bits and pieces you test for vacuum leaks 1st. I say this because i went through the exact same drama on my bike until i eventually found the front throttle body to head rubber boot was split and leaking , to check this have the bike warm and idling , grab the throttle bodies and give them a good wiggle up and down , you can also try spraying aerostart around each boot as you do this , revs should fluctuate if the boot is sucking the aeorstart mixture in.

Also off each throttle body there is a small vacuum host that that runs to a sensor , these can perish and cause vacuum leaks , silicone hose can be bought from Supercheap auto , makes sure when replacing you cut all 3 pieces the exact same length and re route them so the dont get squished when stitching her up .

Thanks a lot will get in the shed this weekend and begin the search

Back