Rocket 3 differences and tune ability

All Rocket Motors are the same and I have and can run any tune from any model (including Tourings) in others but they have to be transposed over to the correct Base Map for the year model of the bike, the only thing we can't change is the Base Map it has settings and parameters that Triumph set in the revised ECU's for the different year models, eg a 2010 - 2012 plus some of the early 2013 model run a map which can not be run in the later 2013 onwards map.
As for the early pre Roadster models 2004 to 2009 can all be run on the updated 20228 map, there are probably still a lot of guys running the 20050 map which was fine except sooner or later it will start to cause the engine to cut out when you pull the clutch in which can be very annoying while having fun in the twisties as you can get momentary rear wheel lock ups as you release clutch .. believe me ......I know
Cheers
Hans

On another note I cant ride a Roadster for any sort of distance as the pegs cause my knees pain it is the reason I got off Sports bikes and even Sports tourers the Early Models (pre Roadster) are far better, I'd be looking for a 2008-2009 they had all the internal gremlins sort by then

2009 was the best year IMHO. Transmission problems had been worked out and it still has the controls more forward than the Roadster. I have a 2009 Standard and a 2013 Roadster. Love them both, but the Roadster is better seating position for canyon carving and the Standard is better for long cruising type stuff...for me anyway

What Morris said.

2009 was the best year IMHO. Transmission problems had been worked out and it still has the controls more forward than the Roadster. I have a 2009 Standard and a 2013 Roadster. Love them both, but the Roadster is better seating position for canyon carving and the Standard is better for long cruising type stuff...for me anyway

I can't comment on any year Rockets but my 16. But I tend to agree.

Having my feet under me in twisties is the only way I would feel comfortable at speed. Even with the Rivco Pegs out front, when I come to turns, I pull my feet back to the controls.

That just may be my preference and learned riding style that I could eventually get over. I did see @Rocket Scientist, @STRIPES, and @mexican in front of me a few times at the Sisters ride.

On another note I cant ride a Roadster for any sort of distance as the pegs cause my knees pain it is the reason I got off Sports bikes and even Sports tourers the Early Models (pre Roadster) are far better, I'd be looking for a 2008-2009 they had all the internal gremlins sort by then

Or one could mod a R3R for boards . . . :thumbsup:
Get more comfort AND better lean angle. :thumbsup: :inlove

Or one could mod a R3R for boards . . . :thumbsup:
Get more comfort AND better lean angle. :thumbsup: :inlove
Better than a Roadster maybe but the optional boards I got which they made for the earlier Standards give the same ground clearance as the Standard's original pegs which is more than the Roadster's got

FYI...you can scrape pegs or boards on either one...just sayin. Haven't scraped anything on the Speed Triple yet, but I only just got it :D

Better than a Roadster maybe but the optional boards I got which they made for the earlier Standards give the same ground clearance as the Standard's original pegs which is more than the Roadster's got

EXACLY! The Standard boards & rails are what I have installed and they increased my clearance by and inch or more! :D

EXACLY! The Standard boards & rails are what I have installed and they increased my clearance by and inch or more! :D

There is a tap in the rear of the boards. Do you have scrapers installed? Are they 4 or 5 mill? I would like to get the scrape warning earlier. I used to be able to scrape with the valkie but I am still not confident with the rocket.

Back