Rocket 3 differences and tune ability

StuUK

Standard Bore
Ride
Hayabusa
Hi all
Just joined the group as I am hoping to get a R3 shortly.
As I understand it the Roadster was released in 2010 and this model has the increased HP and Torque.
Will a simple remap using TuneECU convert any R3 to the Roadster spec or is there more to it than that?

The reason I ask is I def want the roadster spec but could I broaden my purchase options and go for any R3 with a view to tuning later.

Cheers
Stu (UK)

Hey stu and welcome from a very wet Dartmoor ! I would go for the Roadster .
As for the questions ? I would be SOPHOMORIC in trying to answer questions I knew little about . But , rest assured the big boys with the knowledge will be along very shortly .
I apologise for the sophomoric quote , I bin so impressed by the word that I just had to find a sentence in which to use it ! :laugh:
Good luck with the quest and I am sure you will be more than happy whichever model you choose . :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Make sure you are OK with the riding position on the Roadster as it is not as accommodating for us older folk. Tuning will make any of the engines basically equal as that is (I've heard) the only difference.

Yes.
Tune ECU will make them all the same.
But you should go for a Roadster anyway.

If you're used to a Hayabusa then a Roadster will feel like big comfy armchair with ridiculously far forward footpegs; you'll keep missing them when you get on it for a while. (My other bike's a 'busa ;))

If you're used to a Hayabusa then a Roadster will feel like big comfy armchair with ridiculously far forward footpegs; you'll keep missing them when you get on it for a while. (My other bike's a 'busa ;))
I also went from the busa and yes spot on .
I had a few cases of flailing legs til I got used to the roadster pegs !

The only difference between the before and after 2014 Roadsters is in the secondary throttle table. You can't load the later tune into an earlier model but you can change the secondary table in the earlier tune to make it look like the secondary table in the later tune. Presto, more power. I wouldn't get the first model year for the Roadster (2010). Go for a 2011 or 2012.

The only difference between the before and after 2014 Roadsters is in the secondary throttle table. You can't load the later tune into an earlier model but you can change the secondary table in the earlier tune to make it look like the secondary table in the later tune. Presto, more power. I wouldn't get the first model year for the Roadster (2010). Go for a 2011 or 2012.
Hi Doug
what is wrong with the 2010?
Cheers

Back