Rocket 3 differences and tune ability

I agree with you. I have a 2013 Roadster and bought new peg rails with the intent of modifying them and getting the pegs further back but haven't done it yet. The anti skid rear brake master cylinder can't be moved any further back without major modifying and I just haven't had the time. Everybody's ergonomics are different, but it seems to me that the further forward you have the pegs, the more strain you are putting on your lower back, and it's precisely those people that then install seat backrests?o_O:unsure:.
That's why I have a backrest. It's like a Lazy Boy.

I have to ask the question of this post...Since the engine is the same and the only difference I can see is the ECU and exhaust. Why can't the touring be made equal to the roadster by simply retuning. I'm running a stock R3T with the Power Tripp tune and although it is an improvement it certainly is not equal to the roadster without a lot more mods. Even then, I'm not sure it would be equal to the roadster in HP and Torque.

If you still have stock exhaust that would be holding the beast back ;)

I'm really happy you are getting to sling out some new vocab Natty :D :p
Aw thanks Tex .
It seems to me that you guys have far more command of the English language than we Brits do ! We never get that far in general conversation . Usually entered into a duel by then . :( conversing with you guys really is an education ! :) :) :)

Seems I remember a post by Power Tripp about the motors being all the same except for the tune. Breathing definitely makes a difference. Make sure you have the right Tripp tune to match any filter or exhaust changes.

Nothing necessarily, it's just the first year they came out. If there were any bugs, they would have fixed them in later years. I don't know of any bugs or if anything in the mechanics other than ABS was actually new in the original Roadster model. The opinions of other Roadster owners would be helpful.

My Roadster is a 2010 model and I beat the $hit out of it and have had NO problems. The only thing about the 10 model is that they added a relay in which took the amperage away from the switch that feeds the headlights. It was a simple recall that was installed for free at the dealership. You can get in touch with DEcosse and he'll guide you in the right direction on the wiring and one can do it themselves.

I have noticed that there has been problems with the later bikes such as coolant hose explosions, transmission, cam cover gasket leaking, and rear brake locking up. By hanging around here long enough and seeing what is taking place day by day I would buy a 2010 model before buying other models. :)

2009 was the best year IMHO. Transmission problems had been worked out and it still has the controls more forward than the Roadster. I have a 2009 Standard and a 2013 Roadster. Love them both, but the Roadster is better seating position for canyon carving and the Standard is better for long cruising type stuff...for me anyway

Back