Rocket 03 turning over but not starting

Hammie73

Standard Bore
Ride
Rocket 03 classic 09 plate
Good evening all. Just gone to lay the bike up for winter and shes been stood outside for 2 months and no good for her. A friend kindly offered to put it in her garage for the winter.
Went to start her up for the move and as usual the battery needed a boot. Charged the battery overnight and gave her a kick turned over strong started once, idled low and rough then stalled tried again did the same tried to give it some revs. Revved to 2500 revs ish and died again. After that just turned over but wouldn't fire.

So left it overnight and had another go this morning checked all the fuses in the box all seemed good. Kicked her over again and same as day before got her going twice and now just turns turns over but won't start.

A point of note I'm sure the fuel gauge used to sweep on turning on the ignition but it doesn't not, or maybe it never did. Fuel light is on so I put 5 ltrs in, light is still on.

Any ideas would be really appreciated.

Hi and welcome from another Brit.If outside for two months i would check all electrical connections for moisture or corrosion coils, earth lead etc

Will disconnect everything tomorrow and give it a good checking over

Nice part of the country was down that way this summer on the rocket. Family in Tavistock stayed in future inn plymouth

Sounds like either you have some condensation in the fuel or the fuel is old...it turns shyty when its been sitting for a long time dosnt it...flush her out...give it fresh fuel..charge the battery again and give her another shot..if it still runs and then stops, ide say the filter needs replacing too...that's a bit more difficult but not impossible...just a pain in the butt.

Back