Rivco Solo Rack

I always spray some wd-40 into the thread when I have the bolt out. Ponters maybe you could run a tap through the thread . Or if it's past that drill the hole a little bigger tap it out and put a helicoil in there to suit the bolts thread .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i have done the same. how involved is replacing one of the seat mount nuts?

Could do it in place with a helicoil like Mitch suggested. You can buy the helicoil kit with the correct drill, tap, 6 coils and insertion tool (which you need all of), but there not cheap. I'm guessing around $40 to $50 for the kit.

Otherwise you can take the rear guard off and remove the inner brace, cut the damaged nut off and weld a new one on. Have you got access to a MIG welder?? Easy done if you have.

Helicoils are great in the right places, especially when used in aluminium castings with blind holes but I've had them screw themselves out the other side in situations like this and then you'll end up removing the guard to fix the problem anyway.

If you go down this road, use a bit of loctite 262 on the coil when your fitting it so it gets a better hold, but make sure to clean the excess out of the thread before fitting the bolt.

I have the Triumph high sissy bar and Luggage rack on mine, I also bought a rear bag from River Road. Good size, good looks, & can pack a weeks worth of clothes, Canon Camera, & Laptop into for a trip. Has never given me any problems with weight on the rack or things getting wet inside.

I have to admit I took a while to find this bag and most of the bags I seen whilst they may look good they weren't decent quality or that practical for use on a trip. Must be made for the Harley market and going for looks only.:D

With my back bag and saddle bags I can take clothes for 10 days, runners, thongs, & all toiletries one would ever need. Have to sat I have no dramas with weight either.

Discontinued

Well, apparently I waited to long to decide I want one of these. They're discontinued. Dammit!!!

MarvinM

I just got a rack from ebay, just search for rocket rack and a few will pop up. Its very sturdy and looks not to bad with the single seat.

Nothing very big yet as its still pissing with rain here and I havn't been away, but I'm confident I will not break it, it seems to be very sturdy.

Back