Rivco Solo Rack

JohnnyCanuck

Supercharged
I was thinking of ordering the Rivco Solo Rack. Just wondering about practicality. What type of solo rack bags are other Captains actually attaching to it? Will order it if I can at least attach an over night bag to it. Will likely not order if it is just useless bling. Thanks.

I was thinking of ordering the Rivco Solo Rack. Just wondering about practicality. What type of solo rack bags are other Captains actually attaching to it? Will order it if I can at least attach an over night bag to it. Will likely not order if it is just useless bling. Thanks.

I have one on mine mate.
I only really ordered it for looks although i do have a ventura bag i put on there for weekend trips holds a couple of changes of cloths not much more though.
Im happy with it but i wouldnt recomend it if you want to carry alot because its definitely not up to the job .
for looks i give it a 10
for function i give it a 3 :cool:

What Mitch said. We have the genuine Aussie Rivco solo rack (a vary rare version obtained from Tom Cat). It is identical in shape to the standard Rivco rack, but much better traveled.

Anyway, we like the looks of it on the back of the black Beast, but it could be more functional. We occasionally use it to haul small items attaching with bungies. Works OK.

We trudge on.

I have two of the Triumph racks. One is built on to the quick-release sissy bar and the other is a solo rack.

I gotta say, both are well-made and look nice. I've never used the QR one for more than a few pounds, but I think it would hold some weight.

So here's what I was considering... I'm running a solo seat with the Triumph sissy bar and rear luggage rack combo. I was thinking of installing the Rivco rack and setting a large touring bag on it, with the bag tied to the sissy bar. The Rivco rack would simply be supporting the weight. Do you think it's sturdy enough for that?

Thanks!

So here's what I was considering... I'm running a solo seat with the Triumph sissy bar and rear luggage rack combo. I was thinking of installing the Rivco rack and setting a large touring bag on it, with the bag tied to the sissy bar. The Rivco rack would simply be supporting the weight. Do you think it's sturdy enough for that?

Thanks!

In the installation instructions it says no more than 5kg
although the rack itself is rather sturdy and it bolts in where your passanger seat was "three bolts" the peak of the rack only has a small piece of rubber between it and the gaurd so i think any real weight might end up denting it there.

I crossed this bridge a few years back. I was strapping everything down on the rear fender. I lost a nice camera doing that. One thing that i wish Triumph would have done on the 05 is made a removable windshield and a removable sissy bar. This set up i have now works well with the back pack. With the added removable K-Drive saddle bags and this rack i can carry enough to get by. The only thing it's a pain in the butt if you want to switch everything back to stream line..;)

Attachments

• IMG_1351.jpg
    IMG_1351.jpg
    438.5 KB · Views: 237
  • IMG_1255.jpg
    IMG_1255.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 215
  • 156892_1549748221189_1159606067_31293556_5093508_n.jpg
    156892_1549748221189_1159606067_31293556_5093508_n.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 255
I bought one awhile back too and haven't used it for anything more than bling.
Wasn't overly impressed with it to be honest.
Good heavy steel plate (5mm thick) but I had to adjust a few bends here and there so it wasn't touching onto my paintwork. The bolts that come with it are poor quality and striped one of the seat mount bolts before I'd even applied any real pressure.

Also, it's not very practical with saddlebags as it sits about 1 1/2 inches below the top of the bags.
I wanted to use it to support the swag and keep the heavier stuff forward on the bike but it's too low for that so I just leave the pillion seat on instead.

If you didn't have saddlebags or a rack and wanted to put just one bag on in the middle it might be ok, but as Mitch said, it's not rated for a lot of weight.

Back