I just put risers on my 2014 roadster. I can share the experience if you are still doing research.
Yes, definitely....any sharing would be good. I am just ordering tools for front fork bearing adjustment So it might be best time to pull the trigger on risers if that is I need....
Basically, I feel I am sitting bit upfront to have comfortable grip....and this becomes a bit more stretchy when making U turns....I feel like bringing handle bar even an inch would help.....let me know your opinion on this....also, I want to avoid any new cabling, I hope roadster can fit the same cables with little rerouting?

Yes, definitely....any sharing would be good. I am just ordering tools for front fork bearing adjustment So it might be best time to pull the trigger on risers if that is I need....
Basically, I feel I am sitting bit upfront to have comfortable grip....and this becomes a bit more stretchy when making U turns....I feel like bringing handle bar even an inch would help.....let me know your opinion on this....also, I want to avoid any new cabling, I hope roadster can fit the same cables with little rerouting?
I had to reroute all my cables, including the clutch. I went ahead and paid my local guy $100 to do the right side cables so that I didn't have to worry about the brakes. They also cut out a little notch in the plastic up front so the cable didn't get pinched as bad. My throttle cables are still stretched to the max and touch the tank when fully locked. The difference the risers made was remarkable. I still have a slight forward lean when I have my butt back in the seat pocket, but can sit up straight if I scoot forward a bit. I can probably get by with the stock bars now, but I think I might like a bit more pullback still (I'm 5'10") , and I am not a fan of the wrist angle. One of these days I may try a set of the tbars from chandelierman. They should give similar pullback to the risers and change the wrist angle. If I ever wanted to use them with my risers I would have to change out all of the cables. I have abs brakes and the instructions were for non abs, so the little brake line doohickey they included was not needed. Once the lines were rerouted the install was pretty self explanatory. I will see how I fair on my first long ride. Most of my riding is local.

I just spent the entire day in the garage installing mine. I have to say, I am very if not extremely disappointed. Once installed you cannot lift your fuel tank. just great for a side of the road problem. Also the instructions are terrible at best. I called Rivco today, but nobody is available to help me. Probably gonna have to wait to hear back next week sometime.
I re-routed all the cables and its very, very tight. It is very frustrating for something that takes so long to install to not at least inform you of all the potential problems. On top of that, even with towels covering my tank, I still somehow managed to pick up a hell of a deep gouge. Just not my day I suppose.
Guess it's going back to stock. Anyone else have problems putting these on a classic touring?

I just spent the entire day in the garage installing mine. I have to say, I am very if not extremely disappointed. Once installed you cannot lift your fuel tank. just great for a side of the road problem. Also the instructions are terrible at best. I called Rivco today, but nobody is available to help me. Probably gonna have to wait to hear back next week sometime.
I re-routed all the cables and its very, very tight. It is very frustrating for something that takes so long to install to not at least inform you of all the potential problems. On top of that, even with towels covering my tank, I still somehow managed to pick up a hell of a deep gouge. Just not my day I suppose.
Guess it's going back to stock. Anyone else have problems putting these on a classic touring?
Is it a Tourer or a touring? If its a Tourer you have to take the instruments off then with the front wheel straight you can move the tank a little to the left or right to get it up for the stick. I don't think Rivco has even made those for awhile so that's probably why they have little interest.

Is it a Tourer or a touring? If its a Tourer you have to take the instruments off then with the front wheel straight you can move the tank a little to the left or right to get it up for the stick. I don't think Rivco has even made those for awhile so that's probably why they have little interest.
It is a tourer. The tank hold down tab hits the handlebar bracket. No way around that. Even with the gauges pulled, still won't clear.

It is a tourer. The tank hold down tab hits the handlebar bracket. No way around that. Even with the gauges pulled, still won't clear.
I am able to get the tab past mine so looks like you'll have to take the pivot bolt out. Sorry for that.

I have never done it but you remove the tank pivot bolt out and let the tank slide back towards the rear of the bike... clear the bar and then insert the bolt back in to hold the tank. Not real easy by no means but doable. You will want the tank to be almost empty.

Back