Reset Adaptations question

Jeff06098

.040 Over
Ride
2005 Triumph Rocket
Long Story First:
I loaded tune 20228 today for my 05 with ram air, Dave Platt cat bypass and TORS exhaust. What a difference it made. The bike runs like a dream now. The throttle is so much smoother and there’s 0 decel pop. The only thing I’ve noticed it my idle seems to drop very low. Sometimes down to 400 then will climb back up to around 700. I was already not certain my idle controller was working properly although it was new 2000 miles and 3 years ago. The previous owner told me he has triumph load a tune for his set up and it was 20222 when I downloaded it. The idle was not perfect but it was quite a bit better with the old tune.

I’m wondering if the reset adaptations took when I clicked it. It did say complete but the TPS turned green as soon as I restarted the bike. I still let it run 15 minutes.

Do you think if it didn’t take that could be causing the wonky idle?
If you don’t think that’s it do you have any tips for evening out the throttle sans removing the idle control motor?

Thanks!

Sounds like the TPS needs adjustment or replacement. Make sure you did not loosen on of the vacuum hoses that go to the MAP sensor.
TPS were also brand new 2000 miles ago. The upgraded blue ones. I’d be surprised if it went bad already but anything is possible. I don’t think it’s a vacuum leak as that would cause a high idle.

TPS were also brand new 2000 miles ago. The upgraded blue ones. I’d be surprised if it went bad already but anything is possible. I don’t think it’s a vacuum leak as that would cause a high idle.
Disconnect the TPS and see what happens. Start and keep the motor running with the throttle. Got take a ride and see who it behaves.

Did you reset both the TPS and the ICVS after loading the tune? If not that could be a good place to start. You actually never have to do an adaptive reset as the ECU will eventually find its way. Doing the reset of adaptives just speeds up it's getting there. There is a very good video on resetting all three on Youtube posted by a member here. R-111-R Turbo.

Did you reset both the TPS and the ICVS after loading the tune? If not that could be a good place to start. You actually never have to do an adaptive reset as the ECU will eventually find its way. Doing the reset of adaptives just speeds up it's getting there. There is a very good video on resetting all three on Youtube posted by a member here. R-111-R Turbo.
I did not. Do you mean measuring the voltage of TPS and gap on ICVS? I’ll do a search for the video.

Disconnect the TPS and see what happens. Start and keep the motor running with the throttle. Got take a ride and see who it behaves.

I am not following this test what useful info do u expect to find doing this.
When disconected the ecu should set a default value and a code.
Now i sometimes disconect the map sensor to see how it runs after a while.

I am not following this test what useful info do u expect to find doing this.
When disconected the ecu should set a default value and a code.
Now i sometimes disconect the map sensor to see how it runs after a while.
I would see this being useful for stepper motor but not really TPS. 🤷🏼‍♂️
I reset adaptations again today and balanced the throttle bodies as best I could. It was a little tough because the idle is not perfectly steady. They where off by 20-30. No 1 and 2 are right on and 3 is low by 10 but bounces to even also.
I also reset ISCV and stepper motor. No difference.
Went about 40 miles today. Bike is running excellent other than the idle not holding perfectly steady. May just be more a result of the tune. I haven’t checked the gap on the stepper motor yet. Project for another day. Also probably going to spray some ether around to check for a vacuum leak. Hoses look fairly new from what I can see though. Triumph really didn’t tidy up the wires and hoses well under the tank.

I would see this being useful for stepper motor but not really TPS. 🤷🏼‍♂️
I reset adaptations again today and balanced the throttle bodies as best I could. It was a little tough because the idle is not perfectly steady. They where off by 20-30. No 1 and 2 are right on and 3 is low by 10 but bounces to even also.
I also reset ISCV and stepper motor. No difference.
Went about 40 miles today. Bike is running excellent other than the idle not holding perfectly steady. May just be more a result of the tune. I haven’t checked the gap on the stepper motor yet. Project for another day. Also probably going to spray some ether around to check for a vacuum leak. Hoses look fairly new from what I can see though. Triumph really didn’t tidy up the wires and hoses well under the tank.
So is it just a slight up and down at idle? Does it appear more pronounced as the engine gets hotter?

Back