stingray

Nitrous
Ride
'21Rocket 3GT, '17 KTM 1290 SDGT, '04 Goldwing
I have gone through and got everything registered, updated, and added my bike to the registry. That seems right. It seems to connect and see everything with the OBDLink MX+ device and my android phone. My confusion is when attempting to resetting the SIA it allows the mileage and date options, but then says error and won't make the changes to the bike. It looks like it does change the date on the service due but not the miles past service. Does it need to be ridden for that to update or am I doing something wrong? I don't want to start faulting anything but myself first. Thanks for setting me along on my training wheels. This is all new to me and I'm trying to be overly cautious and not do it wrongly.

edit; well It was operator error. Once I got the date/time correct on the ecu it was easy to reset. That was my problem.

Last edited:
I have gone through and got everything registered, updated, and added my bike to the registry. That seems right. It seems to connect and see everything with the OBDLink MX+ device and my android phone. My confusion is when attempting to resetting the SIA it allows the mileage and date options, but then says error and won't make the changes to the bike. It looks like it does change the date on the service due but not the miles past service. Does it need to be ridden for that to update or am I doing something wrong? I don't want to start faulting anything but myself first. Thanks for setting me along on my training wheels. This is all new to me and I'm trying to be overly cautious and not do it wrongly.

edit; well It was operator error. Once I got the date/time correct on the ecu it was easy to reset. That was my problem.
You sure you want to change anything while it's still under warranty. I think they can tell when and what is changed and may void the warranty. I have an 08 R3T so I have to use the cable, don't know anything about the Bluetooth, but I hope you bought it from lonelec cause even the Chinese one's I hear don't work correctly on the cable's kind, if you got it on Amazon or eBay I would send it back and go to OBD2 Wireless Bluetooth Fault Code Live Data Reader V1.5 - Lonelec it says just a fault reader so I assume you know you can't change anything, just read and reset the code, Bikes list compatibility | TuneECU
Correction this say's different??? Gl

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220331-174006.jpg
    Screenshot_20220331-174006.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 17
I used the cables on Power Commanders and didn't like it. Bluetooth is so much easier and quicker. Anyways, I just reset the service wrench to a more realistic 5000 miles interval. Other than cutting into their revenue nothing has changed. I really doubt they can even see who resets the wrench. In the US manufactures are required by law to provide a way to reset on automobiles and should be on motorcycles. Considering the dealer service I've seen, Triumph should be happy I'm taking care of it.

You sure you want to change anything while it's still under warranty. I think they can tell when and what is changed and may void the warranty. I have an 08 R3T so I have to use the cable, don't know anything about the Bluetooth, but I hope you bought it from lonelec cause even the Chinese one's I hear don't work correctly on the cable's kind, if you got it on Amazon or eBay I would send it back and go to OBD2 Wireless Bluetooth Fault Code Live Data Reader V1.5 - Lonelec it says just a fault reader so I assume you know you can't change anything, just read and reset the code, Bikes list compatibility | TuneECU
Correction this say's different??? Gl
I'd never buy some thing like that. Get the genuine deal. Buy once, cry once.
OBDLink® MX+ - Outstanding Bluetooth-Compatible OBD II Scan Tool

I'd never buy some thing like that. Get the genuine deal. Buy once, cry once. OBDLink® MX+ - Outstanding Bluetooth-Compatible OBD II Scan Tool
I couldn't find any information on compatibility for triumph or any motorcycle. Looks like an automobile OBD-2 Scan tool. And yeah if you are just using it to do a scan to find a fault and reset after a repair, no that will not void the warranty, but if you change parameters like install a different map, I'm pretty sure it will void the warranty. And yes they will know it's not a stock map, But good luck 🤞if you look at the capability list it says OBD-link is for diagnostics and write only. I would contact OBD-Link, and ask, is it compatible with a triumph rocket and your year and model. That's a Big price for something that's not working, but it's genuine, I read for my model lonelec was genuine for triumph and tuneecu, if you really want to get genuine go to triumph and get the triumph tool. "Triumph T3880057 - Best Price on Triumph DIAGNOSTIC KIT, PC BASED Parts at BikeBandit.com"
I just reread your post and saw you edited it, glad you figured out your problem, but I kinda felt you were a little disturbed from my offer of help on the tool, like I said I don't have a Bluetooth system, so wouldn't know much about it, I do know with my bike I was able to read and reset fault codes with my regular auto OBD2 scanner and just get a generic code, and after hooking up to tuneecu I was able to change everything, I don't know about the new rocket's, but the older ones are restricted, with the secondaries and limits. and what I was told is the best cable for my bike as it stated in tuneecu.net, and here, was the lonelec cable, everything else was made in China and had compatibility problems cause it didn't have the same protocol, but yeah I like the way the OBDLink®Mx+ looks ☺️ very pretty 👍😁😉🥂✌️ but I also like the extra $100 I have in my pocket to take my lady out on the weekend 😁😉🥂 Enjoy, sorry to bother you

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220401-114012.jpg
    Screenshot_20220401-114012.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 16
No sweat, you're advice wasn't right anyhoo. don't leave mad.
Like I said because of my year and model I don't have Bluetooth so didn't know much about it, but even the site has changed since the last time I was there, all I know is the Chinese chip set is different, wasn't familiar with the site you got it from, just stated I was connecting everytime with the lonelec cable.
I really like it when people ask for help and get critical, hope to see you soon 😁👍😂😅 if you look at some of my post's you will see I'm a novice at this, now where do I claim to know it all!!!

Like I said because of my year and model I don't have Bluetooth so didn't know much about it, but even the site has changed since the last time I was there, all I know is the Chinese chip set is different, wasn't familiar with the site you got it from, just stated I was connecting everytime with the lonelec cable.
I really like it when people ask for help and get critical, hope to see you soon 😁👍😂😅 if you look at some of my post's you will see I'm a novice at this, now where do I claim to know it all!!!
Calm down, I'm still learning this myself. Maybe you can explain the need for DealerTool and why you use them both. I'm glad it's working for you and I might go that route. The DealerTool interface just seems kind of 1990's and "heard that" the only way to connect with the new ecu was bluetooth. I guess that was wrong.

Calm down, I'm still learning this myself. Maybe you can explain the need for DealerTool and why you use them both. I'm glad it's working for you and I might go that route. The DealerTool interface just seems kind of 1990's and "heard that" the only way to connect with the new ecu was bluetooth. I guess that was wrong.
I just did a search after you said that you only get the original, 😁 not sure if it will hook up to the late models like a regular dealer tool, I have to pick up some parts I ordered last year if they didn't sell them already and I'll try to ask someone there, and if it does if you can change anything, I wish bike's all had the plain OBD2 same capability across the board like auto's, but I did hook my regular cheap auto OBD2 scanner to my bike and erase the codes.
But I just think out load sometimes, but I got off the subject really so no harm done, but I would think it you can't prove with documents that the maintenance was done on time, at the specified intervals, they will say it's not the manufacturer's fault, I didn't get a warranty, my bike is an 08 and I bought it last year 😁 ( see permanent smile ), but I would imagine it's probably somewhere around 3 year's off the top of my head and also I'm sure you can pay more for longer. But what did you change on the oil change interval, from what 5 to 7 thousand miles? I agree it's not a big deal on wear on the motor unless you are racing, but why take that chance if you get some internal problem with the motor and they can prove you didn't follow the maintenance recommendation interval. It would be a very costly mistake. I probably won't put nearly 5,000 Miles on the bike in a year, unless I take a cross-country Cruse, which is on the bucket list, but being in the 75th longitude, it gets too cold to comfortably ride in between October to April, so if you're lucky you can ride for 6 mths, and at the end of the season I always changed my oil especially in the bike, as it would sit with natural build up of acid's formed in the crankcase oil from the blow-by carbon monoxide through the rings, so instead of letting it sit in there just corroding all the nice shinny metal parts, I empty it and give it a fresh taste of mobile 4T 10-40w full synthetic racing oil, not every parts store carries it, but I just happened to have an Advance Auto right down the road that does and they will deliver 7 quart's for free, and what about $10 a quartx6=$60+$5 for the filter, I always wind up getting more than I need, other items that I just have to have, yeah I'm a little compulsive, but what else does an old man do for fun, well I guess I should add not the most handsome old man, so I'm not beating the chick's off lately, not really trying anyway, have to many projects going to keep one, and never been a big fan of paying for it 😁🥂🐓
If you made it this far, which I really doubt, frankly I don't give a sh*t, what happens.
As long as I go quickly with a smile on my face, and hopefully with my face in some beautiful girls ******😁🥂👍😅🤠🤞✌️🤙😜😉
Good day lad 😊

After I saw the dealership charging $139 per hour I don't mind buying a few tools to service my bike. Lord knows they did little before it left the shop. I have a new quest for new codes it's throwing. Be happy you don't have one of these new ones.

Back