Relocated my Cruise Control Module

Mittzy

The Hooligan - Just Doing Stuff
Ride
2020 TFC #385, 2014 R3 Roadster 230hp (BRUTUS)
My Cruise control module was fitted to the left hand side under the side cover, whilst it was good there I had no where to install the new regulator as it is bigger then the standard Mosfet one.
The Series regulator is the one that @DEcosse recommended
P1020625.JPG
This was the cruise control module at time of first install
IMG_5996.JPG

Now its in the Air box where the OEM air filter used to be.
IMG_5999.JPG

This is where the cable comes out of the airbox (I melted a hole in the right place with a hot spike as could not get a drill in there)
IMG_6003.JPG

Made a bracket for the regulator - you can also see the two bolts holding the cruise control in place through the airbox.
IMG_6005.JPG

That's better, i left the old on in place for now but will remove it before it gets destroyed by water etc.
AND Nearly everything I had in the airbox still fits in there. I also moved my @DEcosse key-less ignition module under the cruise control module so its all out of the way of potentially getting wet.
I am happy now......

I installed the cruise control module under the right side cover, attached to the ECU - per instructions for bikes with evaporative canister. Serendipitous I suppose, as when the better R/R came along, I removed the canister and yours now looks like mine. :whitstling:

EDIT: I *WISH* mine looked as good as yours.

Last edited:
Nicest installation yet of the R/R let alone the Cruise - REALLY nice work all round!

I'm curious - hard to get depth perspective - would it have gone rotated 180 (connectors toward rear)?
Nothing wrong with what you have and harness length seems adequate ....

Last edited:
I'm mildly concerned about heat issues though. I don't think there's a ton of airflow under the side cover, and what there is comes by way of the engine, so it will be nicely pre-heated. I noticed when I took my bike on a longer run last fall and did a lot of city driving that a ton more heated air made its way under the seat. Not surprising, I guess, since the huge air intake boxes and ducts that used to be there are gone thanks to the Ramair. But it was so noticeable in stop/go or slow speeds that I was wondering if my cooling fan had blown a fuse...

I'm riding on a Mustang solo seat atm, doesn't really affect heat one way or the other, I'd say. I was actually considering putting up some "air dam" in front of the remnants of the air box to make more of the hot air blow out to the sides... but haven't really looked under there yet to see how feasible that would be. But in this case I was thinking about the R/R, it's generally a part that heats up all by itself. May be more airflow in its original location (where the new larger one won't fit, though.)

Pancake fans used in computer applications could be adapted I reckon to direct a constant flow of air to where ever you can mount it. And air coming off the engine into the airbox, I am thinking I could block off the hole where the intake air went through, and maybe that would keep hot air from coming into the box, and having no where to go but up against the seat! Doing this would also make the box a proper box, and the stuff that I stash there won't jump out!

Back