Rear Fender Bolts Mod?

IAROCKET

.060 Over
Ride
2013 Rocket iii Roadster
Has anyone modified the bolts that hold the rear fender on to have anchor points for straps or bungee cords?

Yep its possible with either bungee cord or similar bobbins or use the the bolts that come with quick release pannier brackets from US co. 'Easy Brackets' or our forum's stainless version supplied by @Mittzy here in OZ. Either of those ways you need to buy the kit but when pannier off the bobbins stay there.

The bungee cord holding bobbins ones are available from many suppliers or you can simply get some cheap small paddock stand bobbins for a few dollars. Bobbins are cheap as chips and just use longer bolt threads to fit. The extended M10 and M8 bolts will probably cost more than the bobbins.

Other options are to use longer bolts on your rack holding bolts ( M6 or M8 from memory ), where it engages the side bracket to the rack. You can put the extended end in or outboard of the rack as you prefer and if really cheap just lock two std nuts to each other at the extended end or go classy and use dome head nuts at the bolt end. ;):D

Last edited:
Other options are to use longer bolts on your rack holding bolts ( M6 or M8 from memory )

I've just replaced these stock bolts for Stainless Button head Cap screws.
The rear ones are 8 X 1.25 thread, which is a stock metric size, but the front ones are 10 X 1.25 which is fine metric and very difficult to find (as a button head)
The standard 10mm bolt has a 1.5mm pitch thread and are readily available.
Why triumph used a fine thread, I don't know.

20180222_180336.jpg

I've just replaced these stock bolts for Stainless Button head Cap screws.
The rear ones are 8 X 1.25 thread, which is a stock metric size, but the front ones are 10 X 1.25 which is fine metric and very difficult to find (as a button head)
The standard 10mm bolt has a 1.5mm pitch thread and are readily available.
Why triumph used a fine thread, I don't know.

20180222_180336.jpg
It's because they are mean!

Back