Rear brake light wiring, which one?

Antek

.040 Over
Ride
2020 Rocket 3 TFC
Folks,

anyone know which of the three wires going to the rear light is for the brake light?

I took a volt meter yesterday and found the black center to be the negative wire no problem, and I believe the yellow wire to be the running rear light, however the green wire which I’d gue to be the brake light never showed any voltage even when I pressed the brake.

I am going to guess u r having trouble with your brake light.
Will it work when appling thr front brakes.?
Will it light when appling rear brake?
U can take a fused wire and apply to green wire to check system.
If not getting voltage i would guess a bad brake switch.

I was considering adding an aftermarket brake light for safety by splicing into the brake signal line, but was concerned a change in resistance on the line may trigger faults in the computer. It does not appear to be as simple as 12v thru a mechanical switch to a thermal flasher relay, to in incandescent bulb with two tits like in the old days. :) Today, the timing of the flashers is controlled by a computer. If I was at my bike...I would try it again with the bike in running mode, i.e. perhaps the brake signal is disabled if not running:).

Last edited:
I can not see it making a difference.
I would first try a 12 volt test light and see how that works. Also test light works good to check the circuit /bulb
If the test light works then i would think that the extra light would work.

Ok so that didn't work :( the brake light wire is not the real 12V power source of the brake light... back to the drawing board find a clean solution.

Ok so that didn't work :( the brake light wire is not the real 12V power source of the brake light... back to the drawing board find a clean solution.
Did you ever determine where to find the 12v power source for the brake light? I'm in the same situation, wanting to add additional brake lights on my 2022 R3 GT. Thanks!

Back