Rear brake light wiring, which one?

Antek

.040 Over
Ride
2020 Rocket 3 TFC
Folks,

anyone know which of the three wires going to the rear light is for the brake light?

I took a volt meter yesterday and found the black center to be the negative wire no problem, and I believe the yellow wire to be the running rear light, however the green wire which I’d gue to be the brake light never showed any voltage even when I pressed the brake.

TURBO200R4

stand up straight and grab the world by the a$$
Ride
07 rocket III classic
I am going to guess u r having trouble with your brake light.
Will it work when appling thr front brakes.?
Will it light when appling rear brake?
U can take a fused wire and apply to green wire to check system.
If not getting voltage i would guess a bad brake switch.

G-Force Junkie

Supercharged
Ride
2021 Triumph Rocket III GT Black
I was considering adding an aftermarket brake light for safety by splicing into the brake signal line, but was concerned a change in resistance on the line may trigger faults in the computer. It does not appear to be as simple as 12v thru a mechanical switch to a thermal flasher relay, to in incandescent bulb with two tits like in the old days. :) Today, the timing of the flashers is controlled by a computer. If I was at my bike...I would try it again with the bike in running mode, i.e. perhaps the brake signal is disabled if not running:).

Last edited:

TURBO200R4

stand up straight and grab the world by the a$$
Ride
07 rocket III classic
I can not see it making a difference.
I would first try a 12 volt test light and see how that works. Also test light works good to check the circuit /bulb
If the test light works then i would think that the extra light would work.

Antek

.040 Over
Ride
2020 Rocket 3 TFC
Ok so that didn't work :( the brake light wire is not the real 12V power source of the brake light... back to the drawing board find a clean solution.