It has been mentioned somewhere the weekend of 17 &18 October - Is this still correct?

As nothing developed with this, I got talked into a ride with my brother to Peterborough via Broken Hill in October. I'll have to try and catch up another time.

Just a thought, I meet up with my mate from Melbourne every year at Coonanbarabran when the big telescope has it's open day. It is about half way between Melbourne and Brisbane and it is handy to folks from Sydney/Canberra as well.

The Northern blokes could convene at say Coffs and do the run up to Dorrigo and on to Armidale, then meet the Port Mac, Newcastle Gosford blokes at Tamworth etc..
The Southern/Eastern blokes could meet somewhere like Wagga etc.
The die hard Crow Eaters could come in through Mildura to Wagga etc..

By convening we might be able to do some trailering for those that don't want to do long sessions (?) and break it up into shorter stints. Also to bring some gear to make it a bit more comfortable.

Once in Coonabarabran the riding is pretty nice into the Warrumbungle national park and there is the telescopes, worth a look if you have never seen them. There is a motel (about 15 minutes out of town, $118pn) with a large area, set in trees on the Castlereagh River for camping, set well away from the motel so a bit of noise (within reason) shouldn't be too problematic.

https://www.google.com.au/maps/plac...2!3m1!1s0x0000000000000000:0xb89c903144e0b190

Maximum ride to get there is about 12-14 hours from either end.

Just a possibility that might suit the majority (sorry south and west aussie :whitstling:)

I'm not trying to push anything here, just thought it is worth thinking about for an R3 get together.

Last edited:
Ok ,, Been thinking about it, and had a chat to Dean and for my money ,, Port Noarlunga is probably not a bad place ,Dean Agrees, theres only one Motel there , and no caravan park . The Motel is'nt 5 star just basic , but i've been told its clean and should reflect in price , Dean has spoken to them before .. Theres a pub with the cheapest beer in the south $5 pints all day everyday about 100 metres away , the meals there are not bad either , over the road from the pub you have a cafe / restraunt ,, that should be open for breccky i think its open late for meals has well , theres also another cafe virtually next to it , in fact theres -3-4 places for brekky ,, Theres an indian restruant which is good , theres Georges fish and chip shop , sell the best flake and chips you'll buy anywhere . So good spot for food , booze , all within 100 mtres of the motel .
NOTE ... They only have 9 ROOMS

Its also a good starting point for runs out , going either south down the flerui penisular , or east to the Hills , some pretty good day runs can be had from there . Now i've just spoken too them and at this stage October is all good , prices are around $100 a double .

Victor Harbor ,, well its a nice spot , theres a few pubs there and plenty of places to eat , but it is a holiday town , they do have couple of caravan parks , but they are a fair walk from victor itself just punched them up on the net and one has 2 bed units for $140 -$165 , per night depending what night obviuosly sat the expensive one .. Victor is nice and we can have some good runs out from there , but for my money Port is better gives you more choice on day runs , big or small . .

Also less walking at port than victor . Up to you guys , But its 9 months and it will go quick , weather here in Oct like every where can be hit and miss , it will not be too cold to ride and the wet weather SHOULD of gone by then , but no gaurantees , . I don't think we can gauarantee the weather anywhere in Aust in October ,, probably Mt Isa , but there likely to have a hurricane anyway .

I suggest you all start saying what you want , and then its just booking the rooms .

I remember speaking to Hanso about it , briefly , but i thought , this feb March april would be to close to the last one , for those that need to book holidays , june , july , aug , sept , its cold and wet , so oct , nov , are the best , dec to close to xmas .

Cheers Paul

G'Day Paul,

Octobers fine for me, in fact I'm okay anytime providing I'm not committed to a CBD build. We really need to sure up this event now so that I can steer my clients away from the event dates and everyone else also has the need do some forward planning.

Any venue is fine by me and Paul, you seem to have a good handle on that, do you live in Adelaide? My personal only prerequisite is that; we're able to see and sit close to the bikes, I'm happy to kip in a sleeping bag on the ground if accommodation is short.

"I'm in" but guys; lets get this event firmed up and as Paul, Mittzy, Hanso and others say.... whats happening? We need a show of hands.

Rango

G'Day Paul,

Octobers fine for me, in fact I'm okay anytime providing I'm not committed to a CBD build. We really need to sure up this event now so that I can steer my clients away from the event dates and everyone else also has the need do some forward planning.

Any venue is fine by me and Paul, you seem to have a good handle on that, do you live in Adelaide? My personal only prerequisite is that; we're able to see and sit close to the bikes, I'm happy to kip in a sleeping bag on the ground if accommodation is short.

"I'm in" but guys; lets get this event firmed up and as Paul, Mittzy, Hanso and others say.... whats happening? We need a show of hands.

Rango

Roy I totally agree with a good deal of what you just covered there , keeping an annual get together in the one place is the rightway to build it up to something bigger over time.
I know the main factor for me not looking to attend this year is distance , especially seeing as the last one was not much closer than this years , really did suck last year having no travelling companions until I hit the other side of Sydney. If this years one had been planned within a 1000 Klm of me I'd definitely attend , it's always going to be a bigger effort for some due to our expansive country.

From Queensland, too far for me, would be nice if I had the time. For that reason count me out. Thanks for making an effort though :thumbsup:

Wots Up?

Seems like there are some guys wishing to attend however, we need more commitment to will this event along. Like anything else, especially events, it's not gonna happen by itself, it needs commitment and everyones small important contribution of energy to make the event happen.

I've asked in previous posts for an indication of people willing to attend, with the greatest respect guys ........... there was a poor response.

Any advancement fellas? Another show of willing participants and where would maybe offer some sort of indication.

Lets keep it simple to perhaps get some consensus. How about just a "YES" and even more simple name a place.

Wots Up?

Seems like there are some guys wishing to attend however, we need more commitment to will this event along. Like anything else, especially events, it's not gonna happen by itself, it needs commitment and everyones small important contribution of energy to make the event happen.

I've asked in previous posts for an indication of people willing to attend, with the greatest respect guys ........... there was a poor response.

Any advancement fellas? Another show of willing participants and where would maybe offer some sort of indication.

Lets keep it simple to perhaps get some consensus. How about just a "YES" and even more simple name a place.
Sorry Mate but due to lack of interest by some and the inability of some great guys I like spending time with from QLD to make it I have decided not to bother but am planning on treking down south to catch up with a couple of the Vic boys later so maybe I can tie in catching up with you as well

I agree with TC looks like the event has fizzled out , maybe some one else or another state can put something together . Or maybe we do something next year . ?

Back