What dates for RDU 2018

• October 26 to 27

Votes: 11 84.6%
  • November 02 to 03

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters
Home now - pretty wet nearly all day,
My speedo died at Grafton and then the engine light came on at Lismore but I kept going so I need to find out why now.
I had a great trip - thanks to all who attended
looks like ya bike needs a dose of Dielectric grease Tony, here's hopping that's all it needs

Had a good run home with @Mittzy, @Pete and @panther as Tony said it was abit wet but I'm happy to say my new wet weather gear was great and the bike didn't miss a beat all trip.............
A total of 1781 Kms and we did some pretty impressive roads over the 5 days, some at a fairly spirited pace and also managed to set a new top speed in my GPS :rolleyes:
3 of the roads are in the top 10 rides in Australia...

Thanks to all that attended, the numbers were few but we still had plenty of BS flowing and laughs...
Looking forward to the next one :thumbsup:

I got home Mid Day todays, I called into see a Mate near Taree and decided to watch the Gran Prix over a beer or two then the lady of the house rang my wife and convinced her that I should not ride home that night as rain ,darkness and a "few" beers combined was a fair reason, so after a nice bacon and egg breakfast and a look around the farm this morning ,I pointed the Ultra Classic toward home listening to a Hank Williams CD with the cruise control set on 120Kph where appropriate cruised home after a weekend with some like minded great people who went easy on me about my choice of ride ,
Thanks Guys and the two ladies for another RDU catch up

Nah it’s been foggy before so I have taken it out for drying
I had my Speedo or was that the Tacho ( greased both while I was at it) stop working once and after disconnecting the plug found that it was completely dry (devoid of grease) so applied some dielectric grease and it never happened again

I had my speedo stop working once and after disconnecting the plug found that it was completely dry (devoid of grease) so applied some dielectric grease and it never happened again
Yes I know and I also note the plugs are totally different on the Roadster as they are Canbus and rubber sealed plugs. I have got it all apart at the moment and gauge sitting in a bowl of rice with an incandescent light keeping it warm to help any moisture escape

I had a a great day Sunday after you all left;):D.

I went back to the Nabiac National Motorcycle Museum for another 5 hours leaving 3:30 PM and went down to Forster before heading to Gosford and stayed the night at a friend's and then went West around Sydney through the mountains and tiny back-roads through Wollombi, Broke, Bylong, Bathurst, Cowra, Boorowa, Yass and home for a GREAT ride home. Got home at 09:30PM after doing a bit over 1600km (1000 miles) with a few side trips not on map below.

Looking forward to next year's now.

upload_2018-10-31_9-47-48.png

Back