One of the other NSW guys and myself were talking about organising a mid west NSW one for next year which should be with easy range of both the Qlders and the ViCy boy but we will see and start a new thread when we do as far as RDU 2015 I think it is a dead duck floundering around dieing fast

I'm going to Bathurst , anyone else going give me a yell
might have to put in for some leave and meet you there it s only 4 1/5 hours from here, last time I went a couple of years ago I could not get a camp spot up on the Mtn so I camped in town at the council run cricket grounds very inexpensive nice clean facilities and an easy stroll in to nearest pub then again if you have secured a spot on Mtn I would happily share cost of it provided they let you have room I can either tent it or bring my bike camper trailer which has all the cooking gear etc

might have to put in for some leave and meet you there it s only 4 1/5 hours from here, last time I went a couple of years ago I could not get a camp spot up on the Mtn so I camped in town at the council run cricket grounds very inexpensive nice clean facilities and an easy stroll in to nearest pub then again if you have secured a spot on Mtn I would happily share cost of it provided they let you have room I can either tent it or bring my bike camper trailer which has all the cooking gear etc
Mate I'm just tagging along with a mate and his friends , apparently we got camping organised at the Army Reserve barracks , I'll find out if there's room for more , be good to catch up.

Coffin Bay , i've never been there , but i believe its good fishing . .
Just joined the Forum. Coffin bay would be OK or Cowell on the other side of the Eyre Peninsula ... The oysters are better on the East coast of Eyre Peninsula.

What is the general "requirements" for the Rockets Down Under get together?

Eyre Peninsula is relatively "central" for all of Australia.... If I had a bit more idea of numbers / required "entertainment" & accommodation expectations etc - I could put together a proposal - maybe a bit late for 2015 but could organise for 2016.....

How's something like a "3 day poker Run" sound ................. may even allow three different towns to peruse?

Just joined the Forum. Coffin bay would be OK or Cowell on the other side of the Eyre Peninsula ... The oysters are better on the East coast of Eyre Peninsula.

What is the general "requirements" for the Rockets Down Under get together?

Eyre Peninsula is relatively "central" for all of Australia.... If I had a bit more idea of numbers / required "entertainment" & accommodation expectations etc - I could put together a proposal - maybe a bit late for 2015 but could organise for 2016.....

How's something like a "3 day poker Run" sound ................. may even allow three different towns to peruse?

Eyre Peninsula, central for, some ,however a long way for us guys up North, I was hoping for a NSW or Qld RDU 2016 ,but it's good someone is thinking 2016 as RDU 2015 has taken off like a lead balloon.

Eyre Peninsula, central for, some ,however a long way for us guys up North, I was hoping for a NSW or Qld RDU 2016 ,but it's good someone is thinking 2016 as RDU 2015 has taken off like a lead balloon.
I sill think 2 per year at different ends of the country to make it more accessable for more people , just throwing ideas around

I sill think 2 per year at different ends of the country to make it more accessable for more people , just throwing ideas around
2 per year sounds OK as it gives Rocketeers more chances to attend and if some can attend both great, but the distances involved in getting the guys together is huge so maybe a Northern meet and a Southern one each year makes sense, as Wrecka has said another long trip South put a stop to the Northern guys this year

2 per year sounds OK as it gives Rocketeers more chances to attend and if some can attend both great, but the distances involved in getting the guys together is huge so maybe a Northern meet and a Southern one each year makes sense, as Wrecka has said another long trip South put a stop to the Northern guys this year

I'll be very surprised if 2 per year could succeed considering even one event, wasn't achievable for 2015 and it's hardly gonna happen now, we're 10 days off August, God I've tried, like sucking blood out of a stone.

Although I've almost given up, Bathurst may be a goer for RDU 2016. Army Reserves Barracks, cricket ground, all sounds good to me. I'll be up for anywhere at anytime but not WA for obviously reasons. If it's too far for me to ride, I have a hoons Holden Ute and I'll chuck the Rocket in the back until I can team up with someone to ride with, dump the ute then ride.

Lets work towards a consensus, and count me in, whatever is decided. I'm available to assist with organising if anyone needs help.

I know how much effort and time I put into the first RDU .. heaps.. If there was interest it would be a goer. Realise you are unaware of all the going-ons that have somewhat dampened some us older Members enthusiasm. Sure there will be another get-together at some time .. hope so anyway.

Back