Joseph James

.020 Over
Ride
2000 Thunderbird, 1200 Daytona SE
When I bought my 2007 R3 Classic I also purchased a Dynojet tuner to remedy the exhaust popping when decelerating. With running a 13 to 1 fuel ratio the engine made 123.58 hp and 132.99 maximum torque with stock air filter and mufflers.

Now that I installed the 3 into 2 exhaust is it necessary to have the engine retuned if I keep the stock air filter?

Thanks for the help!

I was going to keep the stock air filter with the hope of not needing to have the engine retuned. I have a K&N filter to install but was concerned that the engine would run to lean with the K&N filter. What do you think??

Depends.
Are talking trip K&N 2780s or OEM K&N replacement?

When I bought my 2007 R3 Classic I also purchased a Dynojet tuner to remedy the exhaust popping when decelerating. With running a 13 to 1 fuel ratio the engine made 123.58 hp and 132.99 maximum torque with stock air filter and mufflers.

Now that I installed the 3 into 2 exhaust is it necessary to have the engine retuned if I keep the stock air filter?

Thanks for the help!
Do you have the Raask header too and the crossover that eliminates the cat? If so, it's much higher performance than stock and it needs the Power Commander to be retuned. Do you have a dyno tuner? Before you do that, you should get a cable and use TuneECU to open the secondaries in the 20226 tune and load it.

Contact Hanso via PM for a better tune include your email and all the upgrades

Here is the whole story. I added a Dynojet Power Commander 3 USB and the engine was dyno tuned using the stock mufflers,air filter and the cat removed. With a fuel air ratio of 13:1, do you think I should have the engine retuned if I keep the stock air filter? The Raask exhaust is a three into two with both mufflers on the right side.
Thanks for your ideas!

Here is the whole story. I added a Dynojet Power Commander 3 USB and the engine was dyno tuned using the stock mufflers,air filter and the cat removed. With a fuel air ratio of 13:1, do you think I should have the engine retuned if I keep the stock air filter? The Raask exhaust is a three into two with both mufflers on the right side.
Thanks for your ideas!
Dude. Is this what you have?

Triumph - Pipes / Mufflers

This is a custom header and should be much more efficient than stock. The air filter doesn't mean squat. It's your exhaust. So yes, you need it retuned, at least dyno tested.

Back