Yea I thought I would liven it up a bit. It amazes me how many R3T riders still think the CATs are in the box and not in the muffler body itself! The subject has been gone over here many, many times. Some here have even cut their box open to find that out.

On another note, we lost one of our sheriff dispatchers yesterday. 30 years old riding his bike on his day off and an "Illegal" with no license or insurance makes a left turn in front of him. DOA. Makes me wonder why I still ride sometimes!

Really sorry to hear that. I'm trying to remember when that sense of invincibility wore off. Probably around the time I quit riding in shorts and a t-shirt. I haven't been on the bike is a couple of weeks, but that's more the weather than anything else.

Hopefully I'll recognize the point when I'm not riding enough to keep my skills up and sell the bike. I don't see it as eminent, but I ain't getting any younger.

Yes I have great respect for the bike. But when the day comes I get a knot in my gut while riding,,,,I will sell mine. But at 59 I'm still a HP junkie and absolutely love to go fast in a straight line.

What I do see in my future is another fast sport bike like the ZX14 or the Busa. That will be the way I go once I get tired of long over night rides. Right now I still have a lot of open road and small spots on the map to go see. Once that desire goes, then I will be back on a rocket and only ride local.

Ok, I was going to drill my TORS out and when I got all the extensions and such together and looked up in there, there wasn't anything to drill. Just straight through to the front bends in the pipes.

Been thinking I may pour a couple quarts of water in them and go for a nice long ride to boil them out.

What or where are you all drilling?

Update on the sheriff dispatcher that was killed on his bike last week. I found out today the suspect had been arrested for drunk driving twice before and is now on an Immigration hold. Nice huh! :mad:

If there's any justice he will go from hold for deportation to indicted for manslaughter.

We can only hope Harry. We can only hope! Most likely he will get credit for time served once his trial is over. Then he will be deported. Then he will be back here in a week to start all over again. All on the tax payers' dime! What a country! :confused:

Tors

GPMAZ is absolutely right.

I once opened the collector Box and it is empty. With some Walls inside to destroy sound and guide the gas.

The Standardpipe has the cat inside, arround the outher wall. Inside are some channels to bring the Gas in the cat.
If you drill your standard is has not the same effect than TORS.

Tors are ballanced from the factory (I assume that they know what to do). The machine needs some backpressure to bring power in all different speeds.

The Tors are much wider than a drilled Standard muffler and btw much lighter.

I ride the tors and I am happy with the necessary new Map I've done.

Just look on some vids from me and a friend of mine.

TORS and Standard

This made a friend of mine. Its his drilled Standard Muffler. You can see, even after opening the muffler there is no straight way for the gas.

Camera in the standard muffler

Hope it helps

Hardy, that was a tremendous help! I really appreciate the drawing, I've been looking for that everywhere. I drilled my stock ones out but not all the way through. Got a little rumble now and no running problems so far. Great information...thanks again!

Dave

So the semi-cleared out pipes and the K and N that Nolton hooked me up with seems to have made a pretty big difference in HP. I was just looking for some sound, but she is way quicker now.....especially cruising at 70 mph and a quick crank on the throttle feels like a passing gear....and the diesel rattle is all but gone...very happy with it!
Thanks again Nolton!!

Back