I drilled a 1/2 inch hole just below the stock exhaust hole on the rear of both pipes...gave me a little bit more sound. Gonna work my way around tomorrow and see what happens. They may look like slash cut tail gunners before I'm done...

Hey joe, the bike should be a lot better if you think you lost any power check the tune that was installed,mine popped on the decel when I first put the TORS on took it to the dealer and installed the TORS tune ,huge difference smooth power.i don't think you lost any hp if any you picked up some.........sandman

Opened them up a bit more and got a little more rumble now. I'm gonna chase these holes with a 1' bit later to go through that rear baffle or brace or whatever it is. I'm not buying a set of pipes until I hear some of you guys bikes in person. This will do for now.

Attachments

• IMAG0890.jpg
    IMAG0890.jpg
    181.9 KB · Views: 159
  • IMAG0892.jpg
    IMAG0892.jpg
    192.8 KB · Views: 146
Just be careful you don't reach up into the cats. Grind those up and you'll end up with a clogged exhaust.

Thanks for the advice...how far do you figure they are up in there? Any clue?

Just pulled my stock pipes out. You can easily see the cat when looking into the pipe from engine side. Its not so clear looking from the back side. I stuck a measuring tape into the hole and it hit resistance at 12 1/2 inches. That's measured from the opening of the hole, not the end of the housing.

You should be safe going 12 inches, beyond that it could get risky.

When I first installed the TOR's, the Rocket was loud, raunchy, and blew flames out the exhaust. It scared the hell out of my 100# bulldog. I took it into work the next day, and the roar of the bike and explosions out the rear when decelerating caused much neck snappping from pedestrians and stares from commuters around me. The performance was amazingly enhanced to match modified two stroke Kawasaki triple cafe racers from the '70s (I know, I owned one). It also smelled to high heaven of unburnt fuel.

On the way home from work I stopped by the local triumph dealer to retune the ECU to match the TOR's. This actually detuned the bike from blowing flames and explosions to popping, eliminate the unburnt fuel smell, and god knows how much horsepower.

It's slightly more peppy now, louder but not obnoxious, but **** I miss that horsepower rush before the detune.

Say what????????????????

Back