If I am using the terms right, I accidentally ordered an overflow tank instead of an expansion tank, but I fixed it by running a plastic tube from the top fitting internally to the bottom of the tank, so when it cools it draws the overflow back into the radiator

If I am using the terms right, I accidentally ordered an overflow tank instead of an expansion tank, but I fixed it by running a plastic tube from the top fitting internally to the bottom of the tank, so when it cools it draws the overflow back into the radiator
I was thinking of taking one the seals off the new expansion tank cap, as one seal is to stop it leaking from cap and other works on pressure. That way it should be atmospheric pressurised and then draw back. Hope that makes sense

I just installed these sn-2550 filters. They are a tapered oval, 6" tall and they have a 20 degree angle in the base. They come in 5",6", or 7". The k and n website has a large selection of universal clamp on filters. I think anything with a 62 mm base will work. IMAG0424.jpg
Those babies will certainly take a nice breath; I have the shorties on my 2005, what a pleasure it is when adjusting my throttle bodies, and using tune-ecu. "Be Safe!

I dont think so. You might pick up a small bit of horsepower, but just filters doesn't really require a retune.
Do I have to make any changes to accommodate the change to three filters?

Where can I find how to do this right? Thank you.
Right here. Below you will find threads on k&n and Ramair, similar procedure for install. In short, remove all original intake, install pods, hook up air temp sensor in a good spot with the small pod on, measure ait for pod size, (13mm id i believe on the small pod. With all the info on this subject here you wont have any problems. Be careful and mindful of map hoses. 👍

Back