Mattspain

.020 Over
Ride
Triumph rocket 3 touring 2008
Hi could anyone tell me the biggest K&N filters I can fit on a rocket touring. I dont want them under the bearclaw and I want them big. I like to tinker and can make adjustments. Can anyone help?

I'm 6'2", so just take into consideration that your left knee may;) be hitting the rear filter. I even had some of the K&N's with the tilted base, and still had clearance problems. I now have 3 short K&N's "under" my bear claw. Also now I don't have to carry a couple of plastic bags to cover the "no bear claw" filters if/when parked in the rain.

I know it's possible to fit 4010 but i want bigger. And I already have a ramair
Other than aesthetics - why? - Planning on serious engine modś?. If so I suggest the PIPERCROSS route with @Claviger bellmouths inside.

The issue of left knee rubbing the filter is one to be aware of, especially with footboards. Apart from filter damage - your inside left knee will be black and oil covered.

And be aware the emissions tests in Spain have just been made EVEN more difficult to pass. Received the alert yesterday.

I just installed these sn-2550 filters. They are a tapered oval, 6" tall and they have a 20 degree angle in the base. They come in 5",6", or 7". The k and n website has a large selection of universal clamp on filters. I think anything with a 62 mm base will work. IMAG0424.jpg

I just installed these sn-2550 filters. They are a tapered oval, 6" tall and they have a 20 degree angle in the base. They come in 5",6", or 7". The k and n website has a large selection of universal clamp on filters. I think anything with a 62 mm base will work. IMAG0424.jpg
Just ordered 1770's

Other than aesthetics - why? - Planning on serious engine modś?. If so I suggest the PIPERCROSS route with @Claviger bellmouths inside.

The issue of left knee rubbing the filter is one to be aware of, especially with footboards. Apart from filter damage - your inside left knee will be black and oil covered.

And be aware the emissions tests in Spain have just been made EVEN more difficult to pass. Received the alert yesterday.[/QUOTE
going to get homoglacion if that doesn't work I'll do what I normally do and put it back to standard for itv

Back