franklyspeaking

.020 Over
Ride
2014 RIII Roadster
I'm not much of a fan of the Kuryakyn grips and it doesn't seem like there are many options for the R3. Does anyone know if someone makes a throttle tube for the rocket? I've seen some say they've had success mounting harley grips as well. Does anyone know what is involved? Any modifications necessary to the Harley grips?

It would be great if there were a solution like this available:
Joker Machine Billet 1" Throttle Tube For Harley
joker_machine_billet1_throttle_tube_for_harley_detail.jpg

Seems like all the grips for us, have a built in throttle tube. For me that was good thing.

Thanks, I'll check those out. It would be nice to get a throttle tube though so I could use cheaper grips.

FOAM & CHROME HANDLE BAR GRIPS Fits 1"' Handle Bars Harley Triumph Kawasaki

Free postage here in Oz, the end caps are removable I got them about 6 months ago so I could try out my Kaoko bar end friction cruise control and or stock bar end weights. Still in box:rolleyes::)

The chrome looks much better in the hand.

My current ones that came with the bike I found out yesterday are these Pro-One AC07-018T Twisted rubber grips with fixed end caps.

Twisted Rubber Chrome Grips

Seems like all the grips for us, have a built in throttle tube. For me that was good thing.

Nay, Nay. FYI-
I have just finished installing some old style Biltwell Renegade grips onto my R3R.
NO throttle tube needed, no nothing!
I cut both stock grips off - the right side HAS a stock plastic throttle body.
Slipped both grips on with a little brake cleaner - WALA!!!

I'll go hunting ebay then. I didn't realize the stock grip had a plastic throttle tube. I thought it was molded into the grip. The previous owner replaced the stock grips and I don't have the originals.

I'll go hunting ebay then. I didn't realize the stock grip had a plastic throttle tube. I thought it was molded into the grip. The previous owner replaced the stock grips and I don't have the originals.

That there is a BUMMER!
Perhaps find someone here who has done the same and HAS the original that he is willing to part with?

Back