R3 GT 2020: oil consumption

Including this 500, total so far 750cc this 500, total so far 750cc
There are a few other R3 2500 owners who have the same figures 111 cc of oil / 1000km <=> 179 cc / 1000 miles.
My oil consumption was twice higher.
Just add 200 cc of oil every 1000 miles as you check tire pressure too and enjoy the ride.

@ Idaho Red Rocket 3

My English is so bad: I try to keep oil level on the stick only 1/4" above the minimum level. I am always below half level, and I never add oil to reach full level.

I need to add oil every 250 miles to stay at this low level: 1/4 " above minimum level on the stick.
Hey JPHDT si tu as besoin d'un coup de pouce en anglais fait savoir .... autant que je lise, ton anglais est plus que correct, je dirai meme excellent

Mine doesn't. Wonder why?🤔 not redlining enough probabably.
I don't go mad but on occasion on a straight i'll gun it overtaking 6 cars on a blip , love the arm wrenching power these have .
I've since rained it in a bit and notice a bit less oil usage , it must be the way the internals are built with more tolerance's .
I've had 6 Harleys 2 Goldwing's and a boss hoss none used oil like mine has .

Dear R3 owners, I am not a mechanic, my English is not as good as expected but I need your advice and help and I thank you in advance for that.

I put 6.509 miles in the new R3 after first service and I am obliged to add 0.11 quarter (0,1 litre) of oil every 250 miles (400 km)to keep the level above 1/4" (6 mm) minimum level on the stick (I am using the Triumph "cold" method of measurement).

That means a consumption of oil close to 0.43 quarters / 1000 miles (0,25 litres / 1000 km). According to me it is 3 times over normal oil consumption.
I have never seen that with any of my previous bikes ( as for example: Triumph Rocket 3 2300 and Sprint 900, Honda 350, Suzuki 800 vs, HD 88, HD 110 ....) and 3 of them (Triumph and HD) have been bought to and maintained by the same dealership.

R3 2.5: There is no fume, no oil leak, and exhaust is not greasy. I only can see some dark "material" going out of the exhaust after a few seconds and during a few seconds when I started the engine (picture: see what it can be seen on white sheet of paper leaking from left exhaust). The transparent liquid around dark spots is water and is understandable (condensed water).

Saying that to my dealership, the answer from Triumph was: until 1.7 quarters of oil consumed every 1000 miles, is acceptable (1 litre / 1000 km).

What do you think about and what do you suggest (I will have my second Dealership service after one year on Thursday) ?

Capture d’écran 2021-06-29 à 17.27.42.png
This is exactly how my garage floor looks from the my 2020 R3R exhaust

Back