R3 GT 2020: oil consumption

im getting bug bike pipes on mine as soon as my warranty expires and the guys at the dyno centre reckon the same thing more power and better fuel consumption .
The Dyno center in Ottawa just has tyrannosauruses, brontos, and the like. I hear the one in Toronto has Raptors. LOL

There are a few other R3 2500 owners who have the same figures 111 cc of oil / 1000km <=> 179 cc / 1000 miles.
My oil consumption was twice higher.
Just add 200 cc of oil every 1000 miles as you check tire pressure too and enjoy the ride.
has your dealership ever measured the amount of oil that comes out when you take it to them? Since they are aware and do this for you i was thinking they would have but its not in the thread how much oil comes out when they do oul change or i missed that after reading all or so i thought i read through 😬 good.

Just found this thread through an outside Google search. I'm having the same issue- a quart in 3,000 miles.

@JPHDT any new developments? Did you approach Triumph about this?

There's another thread that's gone cold where the oil pump was missing a seal that I believe the dealer covered.

I also just started one here...

My first/last oil change took a little more (half quart, maybe) than specified to get it to the midway mark on the stick, which I thought was curious. Not sure if we're burning oil or it has to do with the pump somehow.

I plan to do another change in the next few days and will measure how much comes out. I'll report back here and/or at the link above.

My Lush improved 2011 Roadster with 68,000 miles uses far less oil than this.... :mad:

I loose a quart or two between 10,000 mile oil changes. I get a couple of drops of oil splatter on the lower exhaust pipe too. Bike makes me grin from ear to ear, runs great, makes no smoke, so I'm not really worried about it.

Just found this thread through an outside Google search. I'm having the same issue- a quart in 3,000 miles.

There's another thread that's gone cold where the oil pump was missing a seal that I believe the dealer covered.

I also just started one here...

My first/last oil change took a little more (half quart, maybe) than specified to get it to the midway mark on the stick, which I thought was curious. Not sure if we're burning oil or it has to do with the pump somehow.

I plan to do another change in the next few days and will measure how much comes out. I'll report back here and/or at the link above.

My Lush improved 2011 Roadster with 68,000 miles uses far less oil than this.... :mad:
the Lush rocket has better ring seal 😬

Please see attached my oil consumption with is a bit higher than 1 quarter per 3 thousands miles. I never had this with any previous bike or car. (Sometimes the Rocket generates a blue smoke when I start the bike with cold engine).
R3  Oil versus miles.png

Asking about to Triumph through my dealership (who sold and did the maintenance to my previous R3 2.3), Triumph will not do anything as they consider that the engine could need as far as 1.7 quarter per 1 000 miles ! I will not add any comment about that as I am French and it could be considered as English bashing.

Back