R3 GT 2020: oil consumption

I have 1500 miles on the bike and never checked the oil. When I buy or lease a new car I never ever check the oil because one expects it would be fine.
Why are we supposed to check the oil on a brand new bike with a refined or new engine? Never checked it on my Indian with ~19k miles. I figure if it's not leaking, spitting oil from the filter or anywhere else then it should still be there!
Am I the only one who doesn't check his bike's oil?
Don't mean to hijack the thread but just curious.
I go from service to service without checking oil on all my vehicles, except the KLR, they are known to use oil when revved up a bit.

I go from service to service without checking oil on all my vehicles, except the KLR, they are known to use oil when revved up a bit.
Me too but the ominous engine oil light came on to my horror the oil level wasnt even showing on the dip stick never had anything like this before ? so now keep a regular supply of top up its used 2 litres in 3,000 miles . drinks petrol my rocket is an petraholic

Me too but the ominous engine oil light came on to my horror the oil level wasnt even showing on the dip stick never had anything like this before ? so now keep a regular supply of top up its used 2 litres in 3,000 miles . drinks petrol my rocket is an petraholic
If I can ask, how much did it take to fill when the oil light came on? Was it the 2 litres? or is that just total usage...thanks

Seeing the capacity is 4600ml (see image), even at -750ml, one is still running with over 4/5ths of the recommended oil. (83%).
I am curious on how the machine senses the level.
Perhaps I will carry a 500ml jug on trips just in case the light ever comes on.

Attachments

• oil capacity R3GT.JPG
    oil capacity R3GT.JPG
    14.9 KB · Views: 10
Seeing the capacity is 4600ml (see image), even at -750ml, one is still running with over 4/5ths of the recommended oil. (83%).
I am curious on how the machine senses the level.
Perhaps I will carry a 500ml jug on trips just in case the light ever comes on.
i use triumphs recommended oil check method from cold run for 60-90 secs then let it rest for 3 mins then check the oil level should be on or near the top marker if not slowly fill to the top level using this triumph book method

Back