R3 GT 2020: oil consumption

@ F6C : I saw that missing seal which induced an extra oil filling. :oops: It is scary 😱

On my side I checked about 50 times in 11000 km the oil level to keep it above the minimum, not at middle or full level) using:
- the classical method (check level of oil on the stick, motor cold) then
- the standard Triumph method (90 seconds starting motor @ idle, then motor switched off, then waiting for 3 minutes, then measurement of level of oil),
There was no difference of level or a very small one (minus 2 mm). So I am confident in the data.
But I am sure that I added 2.6 litres of oil in 10 475 km. And I do not think that this oil is still inside the motor.

According to some issues encountered by other owners, I should be happy and I am. Nevertheless I was not ready to reach oil consumption of an old British car as I had very low oil consumption with my previous Rocket 3 and Sprint 900.

Last edited:
@ F6C : I saw that missing seal which induced an extra oil filling. :oops: It is scary 😱

On my side I checked about 50 times in 11000 km the oil level to keep it above the minimum, mot at middle or full level) using:
- the classical method (check level of oil on the stick, motor cold) then
- the standard Triumph method (90 seconds starting motor @ idle, then motor switched off, then waiting for 3 minutes, then measurement of level of oil),
There was no difference of level or a very small one (minus 2 mm). So I am confident in the data.
But I am sure that I added 2.6 litres of oil in 10 475 km. And I do not think that this oil is still inside the motor.

According to some issues encountered by other owners, I should be happy and I am. Nevertheless I was not ready to reach oil consumption of an old British car as I had very low oil consumption with my previous Rocket 3 and Sprint 900.

seems like a lot of oil.
what is that oil doing to the cat system?

seems like a lot of oil.
what is that oil doing to the cat system?
It is a good question Turbo200R4.
I have no scientific answer. This excess of oil is only 0.35% of the gas in the cylinder. Is the dark residue, collected from the exhaust pipe after 30 seconds the the engine is started, a remaining unburnt oil ?

I'm going to throw this out there . I could be in left field completely . Change type of oil . My preference is Amsoil . Hey either it get"s better or will still be the same . Would be really surprised if it got worse . You've got nothing to lose .
Despite I am not sure that I can find this brand in France, I keep this idea in mind.

it is looking like they r going to find out what is happening to the oil
on a couple of other threads.

Back