Tails ,try Maxton suspension here in the UK. Their stuff looks good.

.....these be them and I am very very happy with them compared to the stock shocks. There are other brands just as good or better, but I have no complaints with these even after a 10 hour ride on all types of roads

20160409_143328 (2).jpg
20160409_143311 (2).jpg

Last edited:
has anyone changed just the springs ???? if so what one,s thanks.
sorry i mean change the springs on the standard shox.s

Last edited:
I just came back from a test ride after trading the Valkie's old 440s onto my R3. Went on easy after removing some spacers and set them at minimum preload. At first it did not seem to be any difference until I got going @ 80-90 mph on the freeway. Very big difference. The bike is smooth and the rear feels planted. Approaching a corner @ 70 body lean and some handlebar and the bike just kept it's line. It did not do that before. I had to work hard to keep a half ass line. I have no idea how this happens but it does. Hey... I was 100% sober, not kidding. Make yourself a favor, before you go spend $$$ on exhausts and intake mods, upgrade the rear suspension with at least old 440 Progressives. Probably the 444s are even better.

Very happy with 444 HD's on my Touring also. Just have to dial in the preload right, with too little they can bottom out, and that's highly unpleasant. I believe Progressive only recommends the HD for the Rockets due to it being a heavy bike, but some lighter guys go with the normal from what I can recall.

I went with the chrome option for the Touring, naturally.

And as always, make sure you get this kit in your color of choice also so the bolts don't look like ass.

Triumph Shock Bolt Dress-up Kit

Back