tails

Turbocharged
Ride
roadster 2015 matt black.
can anyone tell me if it makes a great differance in the standard shoxs being 12.5 inch long,i have seen a new set but they are 13.5 inch long ???
they are the progressive 440s, thanks again.

I had 13.5" and I had them shortened by 1/2".

13.5 gives quicker turn in but the bike had twitchy handling at high speed, like 90-100 mph +
At least that was my experience.

13" gives a little slower turning but better stability at illegal speed.

IF you don't go real fast, the 13.5 should be fine.
For what it's worth.

I got 13" Hagon Nitros but haven't ridden yet because of the cr&p weather. The guy at Hagon said 13" was what a lot of people went for on R3s

can anyone tell me if it makes a great differance in the standard shoxs being 12.5 inch long,i have seen a new set but they are 13.5 inch long ???
they are the progressive 440s, thanks again.

If your legs can handle it - no problemo.
The additional length may improve handling.
Imagine balancing a broom on the tip of your finger . . . not too difficult, as the high center of mass allows greater off-balance movement. Now balance a toothpick . . . very difficult, as the CM is low and off-balance distance is very small.
Just don't go lower than 12.5" if you "enjoy" the twisties.

They are so easy to install that it's worth just to try them on. I took the Progressives 440 12.5 from my Valkyrie an installed them on the R3. At slow speed there was no difference but above 60 mph the bike feels softer but planted over bumps. Making turns the bike feels much more willing to keep a line. Hey, If you don't like them take them off. I'm keeping mine on.

BTW they are set @ minimum preload. i'm 230 lbs these days.

Last edited:
just purchased some new 12.5,s/440,s chrome from a triumph dealer,lets hope they handle a bit better tham the last set i had,11.5 inch,but they had sost springs on it,the new ones i have been told have heavy springs on them.
lets wait and see.

Back