Power commander tunning pros and cons

Here

http://www.tuneecu.com/Tunes_in_Hex_and_dat/All_Tunes_sorted_by_model/all_Rocket/Rocket_Roadster_from_VIN 574813/Roadster_20773Map_Opti.zip

That’s for your year and model.

The original Triumph tune is lean, has timing retarded excessively if places and secondary throttles choke off high rpm power on the new Roadsters.

Penners tune optimizes it all to have safe but full power across all rpms. It’s dyno built and dyno proven.
Thanks
HI BSD in Peterborough tune via the ECU.Happy with the results
HI BSD in Peterborough tune via the ECU.Happy with the results
intresting thanks, what do then run £££ for s full remap?

That’s not to shabby to be fair, I can cope with that. Worth while to get it squared away, would be upwards or the same buying a pcv and doing the same!! More research needed I think before I decide one way or the other.

Thanks, sorry for the questions I just want to get it right.
Potentially the only thing I may do if the Ramair pisses me off is revert it back to k&n or something, big fan of induction roar but never had it that close to my head hahaha

Yeah it’s a bit overwhelming on an open element no bear claw R3.

Whichever way you go, good on you for asking. There are a ton of members here who’ve been there tried that and can give feedback.

Here

http://www.tuneecu.com/Tunes_in_Hex_and_dat/All_Tunes_sorted_by_model/all_Rocket/Rocket_Roadster_from_VIN 574813/Roadster_20773Map_Opti.zip

That’s for your year and model.

The original Triumph tune is lean, has timing retarded excessively if places and secondary throttles choke off high rpm power on the new Roadsters.

Penners tune optimizes it all to have safe but full power across all rpms. It’s dyno built and dyno proven.

I'm missing something here, @Claviger didn't you say that Penner's tune is optimised for stock bikes?

Isn't @REBLX136 's going to have DP custom cans (not outlaws) Ramair and stock headers and crossover?

Or is that the bit the tuner with dyno does with the PCV?

I'm missing something here, @Claviger didn't you say that Penner's tune is optimised for stock bikes?

Isn't @REBLX136 's going to have DP custom cans (not outlaws) Ramair and stock headers and crossover?

Or is that the bit the tuner with dyno does with the PCV?

Anything paired to a stock header, single muffler, cross over, 6 cans or 1 can, whatever, is going to safe but a little lean with penners tune. It’ll be miles better than stock tune even, which is garbage.

If anything, you’ll need to pull fuel under 2000 RPM and add over 3500, but it’ll be fairly close.

The problem putting the full header replacement tunes is going to be low throttle and mid range and full power over 4200 RPM. The after market headers are going to scavenge a hell of a lot better, as such the fueling will not match stock header + custom slipon at all.

Ultimately though, strapping various things on stock headers is going to need a custom tune because the Triumph TORs tune.... is also crap.

Back