Power commander tunning pros and cons

Potentially the only thing I may do if the Ramair pisses me off is revert it back to k&n or something, big fan of induction roar but never had it that close to my head hahaha
I found the triple 2780 K&N worse. Just saying. If you want to mute it - the simple answer is the bearclaw from @ozrider Breathes (funnels air in to the filter area) better and is quieter. A heat shield between the filter and the undertank area helps too. Wear earplugs - you won't care then.

If you decide to go the WHOLE HOG (you say no now - wait :sneaky: ) then things like Robs Piper or the ITG I have sat here make inlet roar an art. I can hear them above wind and exhaust at 80mph. Well not with earplugs . but you get the idea.

The BIG case for a ramair over most other aftermarket solutions is that the AIT sensor IS in the air-stream - I cannot overstate enough that the RAMAIR was designed by an ex-forum member (and wicked engineer on the quiet - Heard of the Godden 500? ;) ) - When WE asked RAMAIR if they could make it - they replied would we mind if they sold it. I ran the prototype for a couple of years.

And - This maybe a bit of "Rose Tinted Spectacles" - but I'll swear they are quieter since switching to the Manifold (de)pression tuning method. Not monstrously but a bit.

Last edited:
Well pipes ordered due next week, Ramair delivered and waiting for me to fitness and booked in with a reputable tuner that has experience with the rocket for a full ECU remap, sorted!! Thanks for the help gents. I’m sure there will be more questions later on another topic.

She’ll be running lean as bolloc*ks riding up to the tuner though!!! Hahaha that will be fun!!!

She’ll be running lean as bolloc*ks riding up to the tuner though!!! Hahaha that will be fun!!!
Lean? yes! - but not that lean. Replacing the standard headers are what made mine go haywire. With the Lambda in and the O2 sensor checked on - the ECU will keep the engine safe as log as you don't rag it.

And unless your roads are VERY different from those around my mum in Dorset - ragging the backside off it is near impossible due to ruddy traffic.

Here

http://www.tuneecu.com/Tunes_in_Hex_and_dat/All_Tunes_sorted_by_model/all_Rocket/Rocket_Roadster_from_VIN 574813/Roadster_20773Map_Opti.zip

That’s for your year and model.

The original Triumph tune is lean, has timing retarded excessively if places and secondary throttles choke off high rpm power on the new Roadsters.

Penners tune optimizes it all to have safe but full power across all rpms. It’s dyno built and dyno proven.

Do you think this tune would work for the 2016 R3R as well?

Yep, it will work. He made it for all 2014+ Roadsters that are stock or close to it.

@Claviger So I installed the tune you linked. I didn't know what to expect having changed nothing but the tune, but **** it made a tangible difference. Better throttle response, a bit more pull in the lower gears, and when I cracked it open in 4th it put a (bigger than usual) stupid grin on my face.

Thanks very much for posting it.

Back