Potential new Tbird or Rocket owner

This is how it starts.... A perfectly normal thread a few posts later and were talking about penis's....

It's all down hill from here........:D

At my age it is supposed to face downhill.:(

I've ridden a demo Storm. Impressive power but yeah it feels like a moped compared to the Rocket.

Haha... you do realise that you guys going from 0-talkingabouthowbigyourpenisis in less than 3 seconds confirms all my pre-conceptions of Rocket 3 riders, right?

(Only joking!! I may be one of you soon after all) :D

Yeah, being male, I can't imagine I'll test ride two bikes then say to the dealer "I'll take the less powerful one please!", so I suspect that just test riding the R3 will make my mind up.

I'll need to do a bit of research on running costs though. I know the MPG will be worse on the R3, but I imagine that if I keep reading the forum there'll be a thread that'll tell me how much worse. Also, I hear rear tyre costs can be a pain (wait, who said 'darkside'??) ;)

But I think the killer for me could be insurance costs. I've only been riding a year and so only have 1 year's NCB, plus I live in Central London which may well be the most expensive insurance area in the universe. I've just hit my 30s which will help, but I'm still fearful it'll be uneconomical. I'll do some insurance quote comparisons between a Tbird and an R3 and see what the difference is... if I can't afford the insurance I won't bother test riding one as I won't want to know what I'm missing :)

Thanks for the advice and the welcome!

Well, according to price comparison websites... the R3 will cost me about £200 less to insure than the Tbird Storm... bizarre! :confused:

Loggomat, I am a big bloke and my ex was...cuddly too. There is simply not enough room on a storm for two chubbies, both bikes need a sissybar for the ladies to stop them falling off the back and on the storm you will be sitting with your knackers on the tank. The gel touring seat on my classic is much larger than the seat on a storm.

Difficult choice as they are two different bikes but both good in their own right. I got both a 2012 Storm and now on my second Rocket Roadster (2013)
I guess I have a slight preference for the Roadster, but the Storm is a good all rounder and an easy bike to ride every day around town and sounds great with the free flow exhaust. But get on the Rocket and you can feel the effortless power but also the weight.
They both consume about the same on the fuel front
I luv them both......
Check out the Matt grey Storm with the 240 rear tyre at Pure Triumph - TRIUMPH THUNDERBIRD 1700 for sale in Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire

I tell people who ask me about my Rocket. "If you ride it, you will want to buy it". Don't ride it unless you have a healthy checkbook or good enough credit.

I thought we got ripped off here for prices!! $17,000 dollars here for a Storm, same in pounds in Britain..........WOW:eek::eek::eek:

$23,000 ish in Oz for both. My Roadster was actually $600 cheaper than the Storm. Not sure what the US-Sterling exchange rate is but your yankee beans are around one for one with our dollar so you are geting a **** good deal!!!!

Back