Possible clutch slip: NEED HELP please

Bike has been back together for awhile. Did all this work back in March. Still looking for someone semi close that can tune the bike after we install the new cams. Once i make all the arrangements then we will be giving Neville Lush a call. Been looking down in Texas but still no luck. Did install a complete Barnett clutch kit in March and no issues since then.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Forget the MTC springs they're weaker than stock.
Hey Paul,
did you track down clutch parts here in NZ?
Got a bit of slip giving the girl some herbs the other day on way back from dyno, going through 160kph. Won't happen often as the license will combust, but is now bugging me
Could it be just springs do you think or would a complete new clutch be justified? Bit of an ask given you haven't ridden it yourself, but any thoughts appreciated. Are you going to the Triumph owners rally in Hanmer Springs? Cheers.

Hey Paul,
did you track down clutch parts here in NZ?
Got a bit of slip giving the girl some herbs the other day on way back from dyno, going through 160kph. Won't happen often as the license will combust, but is now bugging me
Could it be just springs do you think or would a complete new clutch be justified? Bit of an ask given you haven't ridden it yourself, but any thoughts appreciated. Are you going to the Triumph owners rally in Hanmer Springs? Cheers.

Are you running motorcycle spec oil ? Many clutch slipping problems are from running automotive oil which has friction modifiers in it that don't play well with a wet clutch.

Are you running motorcycle spec oil ? Many clutch slipping problems are from running automotive oil which has friction modifiers in it that don't play well with a wet clutch.
Thanks, good quality motorcycle oil being used, it actually showed up on the last couple runs on the dyno but we weren't positive it it was the clutch or a bit of wheel spin due to it being a very new tyre (only 90kms worth of wear) or due to heat generated from multiple runs. The tyre was allowed to cool down then we ran it again but same thing happened and then again on the way home with another 300 kms on it. Doesn't happen under 'normal' load or when two up (I took the legiron out last night) but am hoping it doesn't turn into a major pita.

Check your clutch freeplay and adjustment too!
Cheers, will check that out again.
@phar2slo dropped panniers over at @Tal for me the other day and I then shipped them up to my place, will need to adjust the mounting a bit, but all good. Currently they're at the local saddlers having that tear repaired, many thanks.

Bike has been back together for awhile. Did all this work back in March. Still looking for someone semi close that can tune the bike after we install the new cams. Once i make all the arrangements then we will be giving Neville Lush a call. Been looking down in Texas but still no luck. Did install a complete Barnett clutch kit in March and no issues since then.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I know there is a dyno in San Antonio.

No found one in the City. Cams are on there way. Guy in Oklahoma city can tune a fish and a Rocket. Was gonna start today on it but just to dam>cold. Bedsides bought another bike today. Gonna a be a bit but have to ride to Texas to pick her up. Looks like Henryetta is going to get another infamous NO. 74. Just a footnote The man in the tin shed is outstanding. His dedication to customer satisfaction and patience with my As3 has been nothing but fantastic. Really got a lot of respect for the guy. Can't wait to get the new cams installed and bike tuned properly.

Back