Poor Gas Mileage...?

When I had my 3 into 1 exhaust on,
I was getting 21 MPG.
Of course I richened it up some with the Dobeck EFI controller.
But with TORS, cat delete, K&N's, etc,,, 25MPG and that's twisting the throttle a bit.
Me and the wife went out playing around the other day.
her on her '05 stock standard (except for DS tire that is).
We bumped it up to 110 some places and mostly cruised around from 90-100MPH.
We took within 1/10 gal of the same fuel at a gas stop.
So I can live with only getting 25 MPG, besides,
it's the fun factor that makes this bike what it is.
Screw the mileage, if I'd wanted sensible, I'd have got a honda or harley...

My ole' 69' Electra Glide only got about 38 mpg loaded & with a passenger and it didn't make ANY power. In fact the final straw for that bike was when the wife whipped me in an all out drag race with her bone stock 3.8 liter Pontiac Bonneville. She felt bad about it but you can't un-ring the bell !

Gee...

I can smoke a stock potato bike with my lowly KLR 650 ADV bike. It gets 60mpg around town.

Most Harley riders equate noise with speed and power. If the bike is hurts your eardrums, it's fast.

My take on mileage is, why would I ride a bke that gets less mileage than my wife's Seville with the 32 Valve Northstar, climate control and heated seats? I'm into comfort, no bike provides that.

My Classic still averages right around 40.

I have similar mods and get around 145miles around town. Sometimes more sometimes less. On the highway I get more like 230miles from a tank - best is 240 with a litre left. Sounds like you might be a little heavy on the throttle :D - or you need a tune. How many miles are you getting out of your rear tyres?

I have similar mods and get around 145miles around town. Sometimes more sometimes less. On the highway I get more like 230miles from a tank - best is 240 with a litre left. Sounds like you might be a little heavy on the throttle :D - or you need a tune. How many miles are you getting out of your rear tyres?

At the moment 6100 miles in a Metz , do you change your tune when going into the road for long trips? As I just made my mod of tripled etc maybe My throttle is being push more than normal...that's right :D

Same tune all the time. Best I got out of a Metz was 4,800 km - les than 3,000 miles.
I know what you mean about pushing the throttle a bit after making some changes. That's the best time. :D I can't recall what you've done about fuelling with your mods, but I presume you have done something. I added a Dobeck. I think with that mileage from a Metz and so few miles from a tank of gas you should look at how your bike's tuned.

Same tune all the time. Best I got out of a Metz was 4,800 km - les than 3,000 miles.
I know what you mean about pushing the throttle a bit after making some changes. That's the best time. :D I can't recall what you've done about fuelling with your mods, but I presume you have done something. I added a Dobeck. I think with that mileage from a Metz and so few miles from a tank of gas you should look at how your bike's tuned.

I receive from Mitch a nice tune :D that worked perfect for me , no popping and very fast response amazing .... Day and night difference I m very happy with it ;)

You're right. It was a crappy, off-the-cuff remark by me and I apologize for it.

But I still don't know how you got 50 MPG out of your M109!:confused::confused:

My last bike before my rocket was a M109. I checked the mileage a few times when I first got the bike. 30-35 was the most I ever got but, I ride a little more aggressive than most. My Rocket is the same. I get about 30 most of the time. I ride for fun though. My Toyota Tundra gets about 12 on a good day, so 30 mpg is pretty incredible for me. When I first bought the Rocket I was running premium fuel and the mileage was even less.

My last bike before my rocket was a M109. I checked the mileage a few times when I first got the bike. 30-35 was the most I ever got but, I ride a little more aggressive than most. My Rocket is the same. I get about 30 most of the time. I ride for fun though. My Toyota Tundra gets about 12 on a good day, so 30 mpg is pretty incredible for me. When I first bought the Rocket I was running premium fuel and the mileage was even less.

I get 15 to 18 MPG in town on a 08 Tundra :eek:

Back