Polishing Wheels

Thanks Tal. I did some of it at the office. I hope the patients didn’t mind the sweaty dentist hanging over the top of them.;)

I had a buddy ask me about doing his.:eek::rolleyes: I told him I get $100 per hour.:laugh:

That's very reasonable for a surgeon polishing your wheels service.

Thats cheap!!...ide slow down a bit were i you!!...spose you had the air drill going with a buffer on the end?!!
For the last two steps of paste and polish I used a variable speed drill with a Mother’s sponge ball.

That's very reasonable for a surgeon polishing your wheels service.
That’s exactly where I was coming from. At work I make good money and I’ll be darned if I “waste” my time $ working on that blokes wheels. I actually told him his wife could pick up the bill if he preferred.:roll::roll::roll: Totally inappropriate humor but we’re good friends.;)

E9023988-BA5E-487F-A910-DFE22B520246.jpeg

1E25B7ED-D964-4A5D-91C9-18B9D81DD749.jpeg

I have them finished and back on the bike. Whew what a job. It took about three hours per wheel. The rear was so bad that I started with 800 grit paper but it was not removing the defects that I was trying to remove. I had to go back to 220 paper. Then 320, 400, 800, 1200 and finishing with a polishing compound and White Diamond polish on a rotary sponge on a drill. Looks good now.

Looks great!! Only a dentist would have enough patients to tackle a job like that.

Looks great!! Only a dentist would have enough patients to tackle a job like that.

He was probably using his loupes to make sure he got it right.

Link Removed

I have tried to clean mine and it's hard labor... and my hands smell of polish for three days. :roll: 1/2ass will do for me.

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 4
I would just like to take this opportunity to thank @mully95 . I had never even heard of diamond white before his reccomendation . That stuff is incredible ! Just had to be Merican didn't it ? Probably made with Aligator jizz or something ? It got me so excited I been holding Diamond White party's. I'm like a Tupperware agent ! I can honestly take credit for at least a dozen bottles being ordered over the weekend by mates as impressed with it as me . I spent 2 hours polishing my spanners before moving on top my brick towels !
Nice job Doc , those wheels look boss .:thumbsup:

Back