Polishing Wheels

Dr.D

Octane Boost
Ride
Indians and the R3 2014 Roadster + TFC
My Roadster has some wheels that were not well cared for by the previous owner. Since the new three into ine pipe the rear wheel is very visible now. I tried cleaning them and I am not pleased with the results. Have you guys polished the aluminum wheels and with what?

My Indians also have aluminum wheels and I’d like to keep them in good shape. I’ll be applying a sealer like F11 but I’d like to get them to perfect shape first. I’ve got six bikes in all that will need treatment, thanks for your help.

My Roadster has some wheels that were not well cared for by the previous owner. Since the new three into ine pipe the rear wheel is very visible now. I tried cleaning them and I am not pleased with the results. Have you guys polished the aluminum wheels and with what?

My Indians also have aluminum wheels and I’d like to keep them in good shape. I’ll be applying a sealer like F11 but I’d like to get them to perfect shape first. I’ve got six bikes in all that will need treatment, thanks for your help.

Haven't polished my wheels yet, but generally for aluminium anything I use Autosol's aluminium polish and do it by hand with a clean rag and it will generally come up super shiny....

Y-E-S! A major PITA!
I do this at tire changes (about every 5K) when the rear wheel is off. The front is easy to remove. After many years of suffering through this, I discovered # 0000 steel wool. With a little cleaner this brought a 2 hour job down to 30 min. I then use a drill buff wheel with any top brand paste.
Great results!

I wondered if powder coating would hold up?
Match the stripe with white?
Gangster!
I would like gloss black myself. It offset the matt black of the speed triple very well. Chain driven. Easy to clean

Back