Oil tank drain plug stripped.

You could try a ball head Allen sized up one size. Put it in on a angle then straighten it up then turn. Has work for me in other situations.

Not so grasshopper :D
20170901_090331.jpg

Forgive me master, but on the early pan, the plug is about 1.5" long with the threads on the end opposite the allen head. Or, I've had a stroke :eek:
Screenshot_20170901-143302.png

Forgive me master, but on the early pan, the plug is about 1.5" long with the threads on the end opposite the allen head. Or, I've had a stroke :eek:
Screenshot_20170901-143302.png

Get your heart checked bud first, this is a 07 classic tourer so it won't have the 04 early 05 sump pan. More important the plugs are the same. For informational purpose the O-ring keeps the oil from the tank leaking down through the little hole (yellow arrow) in the picture below. (Another way a tank loses oil over time) the ported area is where the anti-leak down/one-way oil flow valve sits. And when running fills the port via oil pressure from the pump forcing the valve open. This port is important as it is the crossover/pickup of the chrome pipe to the oil filter.

20161007_142326.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going to have my plan off again shortly to check for skita. I shall have to educate myself on the plug. Damm, I'm never going to take the pebble :(

Not to worry my friend. To help, the real differences are the oil screen pick up movement and the horizontal plugs. Otherwise they would have had to form a different lower engine case if they changed the ported area where the oil flows and to where the dual scavenger pumps are mounted. Later on I'll see if I can hunt down a picture of the old style sump pan.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back