Oil Drain Plug - Non-OEM ok?

germ79

The Guy That Asks All The Questions
Ride
2014 R3 Roadster
Long story, but I need another drain plug and washer and I really don’t want to wait a week or more to order it. Any reason a standard M14x1.5 oil drain plug won’t work? What about the ones with the manner on the tip? Helpful?

Was looking at something like this.

Long story, but I need another drain plug and washer and I really don’t want to wait a week or more to order it. Any reason a standard M14x1.5 oil drain plug won’t work? What about the ones with the manner on the tip? Helpful?

Was looking at something like this.

For the normal plugs, yes. For the tank plug, no, it's a bizzaro bolt.

If you try that plug and it works, let the gang know so we all can learn... That means you are the guinea pig... :)

As already been said, if the threads and length are the same, should fit.

Not quite on topic, but in the 7 or 8 times I've changed the oil on my touring, I've never replaced the washers. I have some new ones, but so far, no leaks whatsoever. Maybe next time. It would be a pain to have to drain all the oil to replace a seeping bolt.
Hope those bolts work for you, if you go that way! Let us know!

Not quite on topic, but in the 7 or 8 times I've changed the oil on my touring, I've never replaced the washers. I have some new ones, but so far, no leaks whatsoever. Maybe next time. It would be a pain to have to drain all the oil to replace a seeping bolt.
Hope those bolts work for you, if you go that way! Let us know!
Same, 13 years here

Back