Super low on oil.

TNRocket

Standard Bore
Ride
2022 R3GT
I'm back at the dealer I bought the rocket from (2022 R3GT). I don't trust the 10,000 mile service interval (or year), so I had it serviced by another Triumph dealer in my hometown at 5,000 miles to replace the oil.

The tech just came out and asked me where I had it serviced because it is 2.5 quarts LOW on oil. He said these bikes do burn a little, but not to the tune of that much in that amount of miles/time. (from 5,000 to about 11,500).

I didn't want my local Triumph dealer touching it, but I was in a pinch. Does this seem like maybe the techs that did the fluids at 5,000 didn't know what they were doing? Or could I possibly be burning that much oil in that time period?

I just got goosebumps, and not in a good way.

Thanks guys. I bought an extra quart to bring home and will check it from time-to-time following the manual.
Mine burns some oil. I bought it at 250 miles and think the original owner was afraid of the bike and putted around on it. I'm guessing about a quart every 3,000 - 4,000 miles maybe. My 2.3 never burned oil before or after the Lush rebuild I did, so this continues to bug me. I'm at 21K miles and guess I'll just rebuild her in a few years.

Mine burns some oil. I bought it at 250 miles and think the original owner was afraid of the bike and putted around on it. I'm guessing about a quart every 3,000 - 4,000 miles maybe. My 2.3 never burned oil before or after the Lush rebuild I did, so this continues to bug me. I'm at 21K miles and guess I'll just rebuild her in a few years.
So far on my '14, I've never had to put in oil between changes. I'm just over 20K miles... I wish I had more miles but work and deployments said otherwise (and having other bikes as well).
-MIG

The last service I had done mine was also 2 FULL quarts low after service. Triumph needs to send out a service bulletin to retrain these techs on how to check oil level after changing. It wasn't even showing on the dipstick after my ride home from servicing.

Back