Oil leak on the 2020 GT

I have the same leak.
Here's my Triumph America Case Reference #: 00882435
My bike is in the shop for the 3rd time for the leak. They are saying the leak is NOT coming from the bolt that has been getting all the attention. Triumph is telling them to remove the transmission/crankcase cover the bolt goes through. In order to do this, they have to remove the engine entirely. If the cover is bad, they have to replace the cover and case as a pair. As they are apparently matched.

If they say yours is the only reported case, then they're lying or not looking very hard. It appears to be pretty widespread. There are a number on this forum with the problem. Of the four 2020 rockets my dealer has sold, mine is the only one with the leak, but the service mgr said he is aware of the problem with them elsewhere. I smell a recall..We need to make some noise. If this doesn't get rectified soon, I'm going to have to go Lemon Law on them.
Good luck and please keep us posted.
Thanks Bandit, I will get my case from triumph and post it the same. I agree, it’s time to get loud about it.

Thanks Bandit, I will get my case from triumph and post it the same. I agree, it’s time to get loud about it.
Also, I think it’s important to post case numbers for dealerships engaging in lies or just have lack of investigative skills.

I wouldn't be happy having my engine pulled from a premium price motorcycle. Hope you find a suitable solution - keep us all informed.
I'm not at all happy about that. Part of me wants to demand a new bike if they have to go to such extremes on a unit with less than 1000 miles on it.
On the other hand, I'm cognizant that once you put your butt on it and start it up, it's a used bike.

Rest assured, I will scrutinize it thoroughly when I get it back. If anything is off, I'm going to give them a very hard time.

Ok this might not be according to Hoyle but another contributor on this forum suggested that tightening the bolt in question fixes the problem. Well, at least on mine it did, snugged it about another quarter to one third of a turn and 4000 or so miles later it is still a non issue (dont tell your dealer, lol).

Ok this might not be according to Hoyle but another contributor on this forum suggested that tightening the bolt in question fixes the problem. Well, at least on mine it did, snugged it about another quarter to one third of a turn and 4000 or so miles later it is still a non issue (dont tell your dealer, lol).
Yes, Sir, I remember the suggestion. I wasn't brave enough to risk snapping off a bolt on my brand new bike. In hindsight, I should have given it a try.

I wouldn't be happy having my engine pulled from a premium price motorcycle. Hope you find a suitable solution - keep us all informed.
I’m not happy about any of this, my motor has less than 300 miles on it and the leak has been persistent since bringing it home. This is my first Triumph and it has been a real bummer.
Lol, my dealer doesn’t listen To anything my one sa
Yes, Sir, I remember the suggestion. I wasn't brave enough to risk snapping off a bolt on my brand new bike. In hindsight, I should have given it a try.
Im the same as you...now I’m in it to win it with Triumph.

I’m not happy about any of this, my motor has less than 300 miles on it and the leak has been persistent since bringing it home. This is my first Triumph and it has been a real bummer.

Lol, my dealer doesn’t listen To anything my one sa

Im the same as you...now I’m in it to win it with Triumph.
Please keep us updated.

I have the same leak, no leaks until first service when dealer over filled the oil. I’m going on. 3k mile road trip in two days, does anyone think I shouldn’t? I’m on the fence .Thanks in advance.

Back