Oil leak on the 2020 GT

20200227_171448.jpg
20200227_171519.jpg

I had the same leak on mine. There is a bolt with a copper washer under it above the shifter. It looks to be a connecting passage for oil flow. The screw is loctited in place. The torque spec is very low. I loosened the bolt a few threads with a 12mm wrench then tightened it slightly beyond torque spec by feel of hand. Leak has stopped and not come back. I suspect that the torque spec is not seating the sealing washer completely and with 50psi of oil pressure you get a seaping.
Hope this helps!
Thanks for the tip. I reported your tip to my dealer and he said he would let Triumph
that is exactly where mine is leaking as well.

Loctite on that little bolt? Sound like a leak they new about and their factory fix didn't work the firts time. Hope this is the only little quirk.

Last edited:
I had the same problem although my dealer thought it was coming from the airbox for some reason. They couldn't 100% be sure so I'm wondering now if this bolt is my issue as well.

I'm assuming this will be the main cause.
I find it strange they thought oil was coming from an AIR box. I really think they didn't call for a high enough torque spec at the factory to properly seat the washer. Or the washer is a harder alloy and requires more than normal torque to seat.

First the good news, my dealership tells me that Triumph has figured out a fix for this issue. The bad news is that they will have to keep the motorcycle for a week and a half or two weeks. Since there is no off season here for riding that really sucks. I was at work when they called me and couldnt hear really well so I dont know what the fix is, sorry.

Back