Oil header tank leaking again!

Just finishing up the Third go at replacement o-ring.

Managed to split the outer edge of the oring on the second go. this time I put lots of grease around the oring and the hole it fits into.
Also refitted baffles just need to go for a ride and check if I got it right this time.

Got it down to about an hour and a half now to do this.😜
16156009427122657159878628833457.jpg

Last edited:
Just finishing up the Third go at replacement o-ring.

Managed to split the outer edge of the oring on the second go. this time I put lots of grease around the oring and the hole it fits into.
Also refitted baffles just need to go for a ride and check if I got it right this time.

Got it down to about an hour and a half now to do this.😜
16156009427122657159878628833457.jpg
Have to get the roll or twist out of ring or it will cut/tear every time, and lube.

Well what do you know I have a leak again on the Rocket from you know where. Have my mum and dad staying and thought I should get a photo of mum with the rocket to recreate a photo 9 years ago. That's when I saw the mess again. Got a big ride next weekend. So will be changing it again this week end.

Attachments

• IMG_20211020_175018.jpg
    IMG_20211020_175018.jpg
    202.2 KB · Views: 24
Right Im looking for some advice.

Looking at the amount of oil that was on the block this time makes me think that it was caused by me riding at Hi rpm in first and second gear. And that is making me wonder if the crank case breather filter was blocked and the back pressure was forced out of the O-ring to the oil header tank??

So took off the breather filter cleaned it up with degreaser dried it refitted and took it for a short ride.
No oil over the block so hopefully it was just that.

But now wonder if that is the cause of the leak what's wrong with my motor???

Blow by? if that crankcase breather was indeed clogged you must have some crankcase issues because that area stays clean on mine and another engine ive split open. Sounds like rings if its not an oil leak

Back