Oil Filter Cover

xguidojr

.020 Over
Anybody know if there is a longer oil filter cover available for the R3? I put on a longer filter and now the chrome filter cover is about 1" too short.

Most of the guys that run into this just paint the 1" (or leave the cover off). You can also pull the cover, wind some color tape onto the filter and re-install the cover. Basically you just need to be creative.

BTW a Mobil-1 M-108 filter won't have that problem.

Some have adapted beer cans or soda cans as filter covers. They tend to get noticed more than mere chrome.

That would be VERY cool.... :cool: Let me go dig in my trash can....

Does the beer can have to be correct? I mean, should it be a Smith's; or would Busch or Coors do?

..put a belly pan on..or what we would call a chin spoiler..you can see one in evilbob's site..on the punisher bike..he sells them btw..

http://www.custom-sculpt.com/new Bike page.htm

I like some of this guy's stuff...but much of it looks childish and crude. Sorry, just me I suppose. I LUV his ALIEN headlight unit though!!! The best I've seen yet! Check out www.skullenterprises.com for some really cool billet bling for the bike! My R3 wears several of his pieces and I've the chrome oil cover to boot! Nice stuff!

I use the Wally World filter, which is about 1/4" too long. Said differently, the oil filter cover is 1/4" too short. However, since the oil filter is black anyhow, it's no big deal.

CW

Back