Not starting after LED's

laraza

Turbocharged
Ride
09 R3 Classic
This is a weird one but here goes.

Yesterday I fitted some LED turn signals to the rear together with an LED light and the appropriate relay to get everything to flash correctly.

The indicators, rear light/brake light all work perfectly but now the bike won't start!

The fuel pump primes and it turns over and tries to catch but just won't...it feels like fuel starvation but I have fuel and no lines seem to be caught anywhere that I can see.

The other weird thing is that now my LED headlights will be fine on dip but if you put them on to main beam they will not go back to dip unless you turn the ignition off and back on then alls good until you put them on main again! WTF!?

Can't imagine what's going on but some suggestions as to where I start looking would be very welcome

might be that u have run the bat down a bit and it will crank slow but not start.
might have some thing wire wrong (like leaving a relay on running down bat.)
@DEcosse should be the one to help. i know a little and he knows a lot:)

might be that u have run the bat down a bit and it will crank slow but not start.
might have some thing wire wrong (like leaving a relay on running down bat.)
@DEcosse should be the one to help. i know a little and he knows a lot:)

Happened to me when recently installing my new rear array.
Light worked fine while i was working on them (and I had the headlights off), but motor would not start.

Re the headlight not returning to dip, is it obvious as in you can see that the beams are not changing ? or is it that the Blue Hi beam warning light is just staying on?
The warning light does (sometimes) stay on when fitting the LED headlights, even tho' the beam has actually changed, I have been told why this happens, but don't remember at present.

And yea' as the other guys have said, the Battery is probably down.

New battery and on optimate so not sure it is the battery.
The headlights definitely stay on high beam :confused:

I have also bought TWO Motobatt batteries that were titz-up at birth!
When these gremlins creep into my Kong, I get a new Yuassa 300+CCA battery.
So far, its cured the issues every time (about 4 in 6 years).

You have created a false earth somewhere, in all probability.

Make sure that ONLY the main beam is on and NOT DIP AND MAIN beam. I have seen this and it WILL melt wiring.

Back